Alvis Fighting Vehicle Society and MVT Show ,,,,Dunchurch????? did anyone go?? great

Looks a good display , i am sure there will be plenty of room for you have a work with phil p , i sure he will sort it , Great to know your onboard.

There are Two chaps from the MVT who are booking phill p and grumpy(HMVF name) he is only a little grumpy in the morning.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Blue Red Blue.

Sorry Not to get back to the postings but I have had a problem with my tinternet connection. Apparently the chain came off or the firebox needed raking out anyway I'm up and running with millions of insect bites or something now.

Please bring along your display next year and anybody else who has a display. I have completed the entry forms for vehicles and re enactors so when our website is complete you can down load them from there or I will have them at the Malvern Militaria on 7 November if anybody wants one by the 'traditional method'. On the re enactors form is a section where you can put how big your display is. That way we allocate a suitable area.

Anybody who is going to go to the Victory Show the following weekend can camp on site and then move on to Cosby. Folks will be on site at Dunchurch clearing the site after our show 'TANKS, TRUCKS & FIREPOWER 2011. If you fancy giving them a hand..........

Brilliant pics those who posted them. I've only just been able to down load. Would it be Ok if we used some for next years fliers and adverts?

Phil. (He's not really, Grumpy, he's just a .............................!)

My God this new Broadband connection is scarey fast! :shocked:

yep we will most defo be at the show next year and we wouldbe more than happy to be used as set dressing for anybodys wagon if they want some period piccys

Hi Mate

Happy to park a CVRT at either end of your display. Drop me a PM a bit nearer the time and we'll sort it out. I have a Spartan with plenty of room for kit in back and on top and also very happy to do a spin or two round the arena... Vehicles live very close to the site so will be there early on for setting up.

As for piccys - more than happy for those posted by me to be used.

There are a few more on the afvsociety.co.uk forum page as well.

Phil - we should deffo think a bit more carefully about vehicle parking next year. Would be good to get things in a loose chronological order, and also to concentrate them a bit more - I think this year even though there were a lot of vehicles the huge size of the site swamped them a bit...!

Cheers

Hi Timbo.

We have thought about arranging things in chronological order but folks like to park in either MVT areas or by their mates etc. Stoneliegh tried to dictate where folks went and insisted they didn't want 'clubby gatherings' (Their words) when they took over from Peter Slater and there were was a big outcry. Result no Stoneliegh. On the entry forms it asks are you part of an MVT Area display and how long are you staying ie SAT, Sun or all days. That way those who are doing a display will have an alloted area. Those staying three days will be near to the arena and those only doing one day will be in the rows (rows?!) behind. That way we hope to always have full rows at the front.

One of the problems we had was that most folks like to have a hedge or fence behind them. In a huge field that is a problem. Next year marshalls will direct vehicles into the alloted areas. This year I was trying to book folks in and direct them and....... chaos won out!

Hi Blue Red Blue

I thought your display was superb. More of that please. We hope to put all the dispays like that into one big area and the MV's in another, not far away, plus other displays. We want to make this show as user friendly as possible. We have been to loads of shows over the years and some are fantastic and some are ......er.....oh dear! We are open to advice, suggestions, unless they are physically impossible or may result in hospital treatment and councelling!, on how the show can improved for all. We are asking for exhibitors to remain on site on the Saturday and Sunday until 5-00pm as the show is still open to the public then. We are not doing a Stoneliegh with a lock in.

To everybody who has given permission to use their photographs thank you. We will try and acknowledge even if it's only your forum name. Nearly forgot thank you to those who have offered help on site. Nearer the date I will be asking you for contact details so that I can update you direct.

I really should do a new posting rather than keep using this one. Time etc. Crap excuse!

Phil

Phil,

do any of your members have any ex RAF Regt cvr(t)'s in their collection?

I would like to bring my Regt display, but it would probably only for sunday and monday.

Blue Red Blue,

nice display you got, where did you get the 51mm mortar? Is the 81mm one of the wooden display ones done by REME for the recruiting offices?

Mark

do any of your members have any ex RAF Regt cvr(t)'s in their collection?

Mark,

There are quite a few ex-RAF CVR(T)s in private hands. I believe Timbo has a Spartan with an AT reg. We have one too, and a Sabre, but I doubt they'll be making it to this show due to not having any transport.

Chris

Hi Chevpol.

In the Brum Area MVT no but I am not sure in the AVFS if there could be one.

It would be great if you would like to put on a display at Dunchurch next year. We are still doing the website and when sorted you can download a re enactors/display entry form. It will ask you on the form how big the display is. That way we can alot a suitable area. The intention is to 'peg' out the field so that all the displays have adequate space to set up and for the public to view. For those who came this year we are not pushed for space at Dunchurch but we also don't want huge gaps between the displays. A site map will be sent out prior to the show so you can find your place on the show site.

Interest in the show is growing fast and we still have 11 months to go.

Phil

Mark,

There are quite a few ex-RAF CVR(T)s in private hands. I believe Timbo has a Spartan with an AT reg. We have one too, and a Sabre, but I doubt they'll be making it to this show due to not having any transport.

Chris

I do indeed have Spartan with AT reg which is often an indicator of RAF vehicle, although it still has a list of call signs inside from its last posting, and the other vehicles would suggest an armoured engineering regiment, AVLBs, AVREs, CETs. Of course that doesnt mean it wasnt with RAF earlier in life. One of these days I will get my act together and try to get the Merlin records.. My vehicle belonged to the troop sergeant major...

Chris - if transport is a problem I will see if Andrew could arrange something with the societys wagon earlier in the week. It has been modded and the trailer holds 3 cvrts with ease now. Will pm if its a goer and you're interested.

Cheers

Tim

I do indeed have Spartan with AT reg which is often an indicator of RAF vehicle, although it still has a list of call signs inside from its last posting, and the other vehicles would suggest an armoured engineering regiment, AVLBs, AVREs, CETs. Of course that doesnt mean it wasnt with RAF earlier in life. One of these days I will get my act together and try to get the Merlin records.. My vehicle belonged to the troop sergeant major...

Chris - if transport is a problem I will see if Andrew could arrange something with the societys wagon earlier in the week. It has been modded and the trailer holds 3 cvrts with ease now. Will pm if its a goer and you're interested.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Will send a PM.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Timbo.

We have thought about arranging things in chronological order but folks like to park in either MVT areas or by their mates etc. Stoneliegh tried to dictate where folks went and insisted they didn't want 'clubby gatherings' (Their words) when they took over from Peter Slater and there were was a big outcry. Result no Stoneliegh. On the entry forms it asks are you part of an MVT Area display and how long are you staying ie SAT, Sun or all days. That way those who are doing a display will have an alloted area. Those staying three days will be near to the arena and those only doing one day will be in the rows (rows?!) behind. That way we hope to always have full rows at the front.

One of the problems we had was that most folks like to have a hedge or fence behind them. In a huge field that is a problem. Next year marshalls will direct vehicles into the alloted areas. This year I was trying to book folks in and direct them and....... chaos won out!

Hi Blue Red Blue

I thought your display was superb. More of that please. We hope to put all the dispays like that into one big area and the MV's in another, not far away, plus other displays. We want to make this show as user friendly as possible. We have been to loads of shows over the years and some are fantastic and some are ......er.....oh dear! We are open to advice, suggestions, unless they are physically impossible or may result in hospital treatment and councelling!, on how the show can improved for all. We are asking for exhibitors to remain on site on the Saturday and Sunday until 5-00pm as the show is still open to the public then. We are not doing a Stoneliegh with a lock in.

To everybody who has given permission to use their photographs thank you. We will try and acknowledge even if it's only your forum name. Nearly forgot thank you to those who have offered help on site. Nearer the date I will be asking you for contact details so that I can update you direct.

I really should do a new posting rather than keep using this one. Time etc. Crap excuse!

Phill you can use my photos if you wish ,Bedford KIZ.

i know you are still planning for next yrs show, but 2012 being the 30th anniv of the falkands and your groups wagons having the connection have you thought about making this a "falkands show" im sure the other british army living history group "forces 80" and our selves would be able to put on some kind of center piece display between us.

we intend to use our display at your event next yr as bit of a dry run for our falklands display.

i know its still 2yrs ish away but i know these things take time to plan, cheers darren

i know you are still planning for next yrs show, but 2012 being the 30th anniv of the falkands and your groups wagons having the connection have you thought about making this a "falkands show" im sure the other british army living history group "forces 80" and our selves would be able to put on some kind of center piece display between us.

we intend to use our display at your event next yr as bit of a dry run for our falklands display.

i know its still 2yrs ish away but i know these things take time to plan, cheers darren

Darren

Good idea. A number of the Society's vehicles took part in the Falklands 25 commemoration so I'm sure we could get something good together....

Hi Phil

I have just recived my mvt mag .There is a show list for next year and the joint show is not is this an oversight? The milweb site also has a event list. And not to forget this site as it is so important to move sooner rather than later. Just trying to help. As you know the show has my support.

dave