Thats about £2-50 a week between now and A+ E 2012, or 1 pint of beer a week.

Jim.

Totally agree with the reasoning and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us where you drink.

Its like £3-3.50 around here. Mind you I can save the money required a lot quicker and not have to abstain for as long.:-D

Mike

Edited by Marmite!!
Quote tags added

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks totally agree with Jack and Jim, try to look the part while in your MV and it goes a long way to making all the effort worthwhile!

Remember Christmas is around the corner, set of HBT's around £50 -£60 stick them on your list and make sure the loved ones know what you want.

Late war or Korean US helmets are good enough for the impression (see Enigma if you want a quality buy) these can be picked up for around £15 - £25 each.

If you want any advice reference HBT's Boots etc pm me.

Oh and keep an eye on ebay ;o)

Keith

Edited by Marmite!!

Thanks guys for the feedback :sweat: I know it may not fit with some of us but it will raise the bar again.

I am aware of the costs but I am working on doing a deal with a known company where I can get a discount for A&E so that will help. My view point is that a pair of HBT coveralls will be fine as a starter - as I wore at this years A&E .....and everyone knows how damn handsome I looked :coffee:

I think as Jim pointed out - we make a massive effort of getting our vehicles to a very high standard and perhaps we undermine our own work by missing the finer details?

This is something I think the WW2 element of the hobby falls down and could take a lesson from the post war sector as the dress the part with their landies et el.

The ladies of A&E do not need to worry about uniforms/civvy clothes as HBT's will do.

I do not want to see Ian2b or Degsy in a frock.

And no pink :coffee:

Thanks Keith.

Keith is heading up the reenacting element as after having the Rangers with us this year added a nice element. They looked stunning and very relevant to Dorset as they left from here.

Keith's standards are very high and we intend to fill the vehicles with as many as we can so we can really give the public and Dorchester real time travel.

So Keith is your man if you need any advice so give him a shout. He is here to be of help..

Folks totally agree with Jack and Jim, try to look the part while in your MV and it goes a long way to making all the effort worthwhile!

Remember Christmas is around the corner, set of HBT's around £50 -£60 stick them on your list and make sure the loved ones know what you want.

Late war or Korean US helmets are good enough for the impression (see Enigma if you want a quality buy) these can be picked up for around £15 - £25 each.

If you want any advice reference HBT's Boots etc pm me.

Oh and keep an eye on ebay ;o)

Keith

And no pink :coffee:

:shocked::-(:shocked::cry: so what pyjamas am I to wear? What about my crocs and my wellies????????????????????????????????

oh you mean no pink on the runs! :-D:kiss::kiss::kiss:

I recon Degsy would look good in a frock!

• 1 month later...

Jack all the best for 2011.

I'm still can't believe we did that back in the summer. After driving 22miles in a carrier, I have just finished paying my dentist bill. I think i shock every filling lose. !!!!!!Ha ha

Looking forward to next year and doing it again.

I don't want to be a party poppar!! But somebody correct me that aren't the olympic's coming to Dorset in 2012, about that time. What effect will this have on the area?

I live near London, so booking a holiday miles away now.

Barry

Did I read somewhere that they are building a by-pass so all those going down to the sailing events can avoid all the locala?

An Olympic comitee official was quotated as saying

"One was down there last year on a secret visit to find out what local feeling was like. Somebody must have tipped them off as they seemed to be up in arms about it, they even had tanks and stuff, We had better get it finished as we have not budgeted for a local uprising"

Mike

Did I read somewhere that they are building a by-pass so all those going down to the sailing events can avoid all the locala?

An Olympic comitee official was quotated as saying

"One was down there last year on a secret visit to find out what local feeling was like. Somebody must have tipped them off as they seemed to be up in arms about it, they even had tanks and stuff, We had better get it finished as we have not budgeted for a local uprising"

Mike

Even a Dutchman was sitting on a tank grinning as if he was about to go on a rampage...:-D

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Jack, I know you havent got room for us in the convoy for A+E come the new year , but me and the family would like to come down. From what I know you are going through Maiden Newton VAW and ending up at Dorchester and there has been some talk of having some jeeps buzzing around during the day, especially at Dorchester, from reading other forums. I don t want to tread on any feet, but wondered if there is any way for those of us not being able to take part to add to anything or take part on the periphary? If you know what I mean.

Hi Jack, I know you havent got room for us in the convoy for A+E come the new year , but me and the family would like to come down. From what I know you are going through Maiden Newton VAW and ending up at Dorchester and there has been some talk of having some jeeps buzzing around during the day, especially at Dorchester, from reading other forums. I don t want to tread on any feet, but wondered if there is any way for those of us not being able to take part to add to anything or take part on the periphary? If you know what I mean.

Hi Rick - not too sure what is being spoken of on other forums - that hasn't been passed by me......

But more than welcome to come down as foot soldiers.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Jack ,

Just wondered if you had any updates regarding A&E that you can share with us at this time ? with only about 7 months to go it will fly by!!

Thanks Adrian

Morning Adrian!

Yeah all busy here :sweat: all is well and busy sorting the A&E site and demand for Pathfinder Online has gone nuts so busy busy!

I am spending the next 6 months raising funds for A&E - I have to raise an inordinate amount to put on A&E - good job I like a challenge. I will let everyone know when the site is good enough to use so everyone can fill in the forms.

A lot of tank buzz at Northern Military Expo at the weekend and thanks for bringing your Ward - Adrian has already booked it in for the Saturday run :coffee: