SuuuuuPerrrrrrrrbbbbbb!!!!!!!!! I thought I was seeing things,:nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut: when`s the list going up Jack, don`t want to be at the end of the que, and did you say in 2014 for the 70th Anniversary as well, its too much to take in at once, I`m going for a lie down :captain:Jack!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SuuuuuPerrrrrrrrbbbbbb!!!!!!!!! I thought I was seeing things,:nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut::nut: when`s the list going up Jack, don`t want to be at the end of the que, and did you say in 2014 for the 70th Anniversary as well, its too much to take in at once, I`m going for a lie down :captain:Jack!!!

See, I`m all over the place now, I can`t even spell queue!!!

17 1/2 tons all up, havier than a a Stuart! . I have never left any marks on roads that survived the next rain shower but then I don't usually drive it on soft summer tarmac!

OK thanks John. I know when I saw you at truck and troops I couldn't see much damage, so lets see what we can do!

Jack,

I have no idea whether I'll have something that can legitimately take part or whether there'll be room if I have, but if I can help out in any way just ask. Only just up the road as well.

A tank would be great!

Coming direct from camp IOW, G506 says can he bring his Triumph and his Chevy ( which I know is still in a pile on the floor at present)I am not sure how he intents to drive both but hey that's his problem!

fantastic news Jack,I just got back from a wet week in Normandy with the family plus a day at military oddysey and was not looking forward to the return to everyday routine but 5 minutes after getting home I see this and the world looks a far better place,I guess I dont need to camp outside your front door anymore now

Nigel

ok jack just got back from salisbury plain with the cookhouse so yep 2012 sounds fine will have to try to improve on the menu for the newcomers

better check with jerry if hes up for it as well and sort out some kps to help with the washing up as we had at the plains

rolll on 2012

:-D:-D:-D

Had a PM from Martin at Allied Forces further to the conversation we had the other day. He phoned the John Miller Swing Band and spoke to the 'man' himself (think they had a good chat about the old times as Martin was quite old when Glenn Miller was alive........). Anyhow a great move on Martins behalf and in a nut shell, if we want John Miller and his band we can have him - at a price of course but he would keep his 2010 prices for us in 2012........!

This is the hall at Marshaling Camp D6 - a Big Red 1 camp. Glenn Miller played here to the troops. We are looking at the idea of having John Millers (his nephew) Swing Band play here for Armour and Embarkation 2012.

Miller.jpg

Edited by Jack

What a coup!!! almost makes me want to get a WW11 motor!!!

Mark

I know what you mean.

Watched 633 Squadron on Sunday and saw the Land Rover so we should be OK as we all know that nothing in movies is inaccurate.:laugh:

Our other option is to misbehave on the forum and have Jack put us on KP (peeling spuds in the cook house)

Mike

I know what you mean.

Watched 633 Squadron on Sunday and saw the Land Rover so we should be OK as we all know that nothing in movies is inaccurate.:laugh:

Our other option is to misbehave on the forum and have Jack put us on KP (peeling spuds in the cook house)

Mike

do you think he will notice its a landrover if I paint a White Star on the bonnet and put 101AB 503PIR on the bumper? :cool2:

Mark

do you think he will notice its a landrover if I paint a White Star on the bonnet and put 101AB 503PIR on the bumper? :cool2:

Mark

Don't forget we would need to relocate the spare wheel and get some fake barbed wire and then I think we will have cracked it.:cool2:

Mike

Without wishing to upset the owner, the Stuart tracks looked to be in U/S condition which may not have helped.

Quite! Running on just the ends of the track block skeleton will do more 'damage' to the roads than a Valentine. It will also destroy the track itself eventually and as they can be re-rubbered, it's worth saving them.