6v -12v kit ordered

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, do one thing at a time.........Finish your brakes first :banghead:

....can't, waiting for the bits :argh:

I will write up a full report when I have done it but first question.

Do I have to change/replace the coil?

Ok, kit arrived!

Any important does or don'ts?

Many thanks.

Jack.

Yes - read the instruction through at least 3 times, put them back in the box, put the box away for 3 or 4 days then get it out and re-read the instructions another 3 times!!

Once you've done that - lay the parts out and get a feel for where and how they go.

THEN think about fitting it!!!!

Oh - just thinking you might save yourself a load of grief and abuse (self- and forum-based) if it goes wrong!!

I personally HATE vehicle electrics with a passion - but am currently involved in trying to get little Maud's headlamps working again..........

This involves hanging upside down from a roof hatch inside her with ones head stuck under the dash trying to work out which of the numerous white wires go where - and why!!

Yes, you need to get a 12v coil, don't know any thing about 3 wires on top of the alternator, you need to take the main feed off the large terminal on the alternator to the starter switch and a wire from the small terminal to the ignition switch, this circuit MUST have a warning light incorpirated into it. This is just from memory Jack as of course I have no vehicle to refer to.

Ok, so where is Degsy, Matt and Karoshi when you need them :cry: :oops:

I'm here Jack,but it's no good asking me,I couldn't wire a plug :oops:, I could have a go if you want though,lets see red wire connects to blue wire connects to.....KA BOOM :shake: :?

Nope sorry I couldn't wire a plug.

Matt.

oh flipping heck......

.......thank god for Oddball, he came, he saw, he sorted it, he took the p*%$.

Now knowing what needs to be done, this is a very very simple conversion and the kit that I bought was second to none, very pleased and will write up a report,

Best wishes.

Jack "12 volt" Beckett.