Live from Military Mayhem 2010

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went up as a day visitor, (sun), and whilst it seemed quite quiet, (drizzly rain I guess didn't help with visitor numbers, although there were folks walking about) I did kinda enjoy the day.

(Thanks Kas. :D)

Mark did tell me that local council were being 'hot' on things,.hence why there was no live music on sun, in the beer tent,......and the reason said beet tent was closed down when it was sat night.

Great to meet, Cripp,Lord Burley,Ian,Lee and Mark, Gritineye.........see some of you at Chatham 40's event.

Andy

Mark did tell me that local council were being 'hot' on things,.hence why there was no live music on sun,

Andy

Kas was supposed to sing today but she said she told us she decided to do her charity bit instead :cool2:

Good seeing you today.. see you at Chatham

Kas was supposed to sing today but she said she told us she decided to do her charity bit instead :cool2:

Good seeing you today.. see you at Chatham

Hi Lee, her mum did check re singing, today, was informed there wasn't a licence for it........

See you at Chatham.

I hope all that did put money in H4h bucket, got the pic they wanted........:-)

I think 4 shows (Damyns, Combined ops, Mayhem & Mo) in such a close radius is too much in one month..

Could well be right,......really starting with W&p, there has been an event in kent every w/end really up to next w/end,.........I know I've travelled up in bedford 3 w/ends running. :-)

(not complaining though,..i guess what ever date(s) were booked, its going to if not clash with another event in local, at least make poss attendee's look to their pockets.)

Pardon the pun.But the show as had a fair few knockers in the last few posts.To be honest i have been to shows a hell of a lot worse than this.Infact some ive been to,ive barely stayed 10 minutes before leaving.

Lets be fair. First time at a new venue.And as Lee Enfield said Mark and the team had to dive through hoops to appease the H+S brigade.Also i think the unpredictable weather helped in detemining the turnout.But i actually thought there was more MOP here than at the last two Faversham shows.

As as also been said.i do think its a tall order to put on four local shows in a month.Maybe make it a sept fixture??.I'm sure the events team read these pages.And comments taken on board.

I'd like to say thanks to the organisers for putting on a good event in poor weather conditions ! Bad weather definitely had an affect on vehicle numbers ! I would have liked to see more there but you can't force people to attend ! Me and FatGitDave enjoyed ourselves and where pleased to see Bernard's lovely Scammell and the beautifull Chieftain tearing cars apart in moist conditions ! It must be heartbreaking to go to all that effort organising a show in August and have weather put a dampener on it ! But at the end of the day money was raised for charity and people had fun doing what they love ! I will go again next year hopefully ! Heres some pics !

DSC09065.jpg

DSC09020.jpg

DSC09079.jpg

DSC09078.jpg

DSC09023.jpg

DSC09047.jpg

DSC09021.jpg

DSC09015.jpg

DSC09026.jpg

DSC09092.jpg

DSC09024.jpg

DSC09043.jpg

DSC09088.jpg

DSC09013.jpg

DSC09025.jpg

Heres Bernard doing his stuff ! Had to film from on top of his living wagon as the six foot fence around the arena made filming difficult ! Something went wrong...

Nice video Andy, notice as I alight from the cab, my muddy foot does a practice slip in preparation for the full stunt performance later on...

Hang on!!! :shocked: Is Woody saying give the old man a round of applause at the end of that clip? :box: I suppose he could have been referring to my mate Forceful...