432 Headlights and indicators

Guys

This is an odd one

I have lost my headlights and indicators (not literaly)

I flick the side and tail switch and they come on OK, when i flick the headlights they dont work nor do the indicators.

Ive checked the obvious convoy and black out but still no joy

Ime having to drive on IR lights without indicators...not ideal

Any ideas?..like a hidden fuse etc

Guys

This is an odd one

I have lost my headlights and indicators (not literaly)

I flick the side and tail switch and they come on OK, when i flick the headlights they dont work nor do the indicators.

Ive checked the obvious convoy and black out but still no joy

Ime having to drive on IR lights without indicators...not ideal

Any ideas?..like a hidden fuse etc

Cannot help with the faultfinding but you make it sound like you go to work in it every day !

Paul,

indicators only work when you are in gear if that helps dont think there is any fuse other than

fuse B on the isolator box. try the twist on cable connections below instrument panel should be 3 of them sometimes they come loose .other than that without breaking the multimeter out i am not sure

Iain

The indicators will only work when you're in gear (no, I don't know why either!) - they're fed via the microswitch that prevents you starting unless you're in neutral.

I don't know about the headlights as they're fed from the same fuse or breaker as the other lights, so perhaps you've got a loose wire somewhere?

Andy

Hmm - that's bizarre. Looking at the wiring diagram I can't see anything obvious that's common to the headlights and indicators. Sounds like time for the multimeter as Iain suggests. Might be worthwhile just checking the bulbs first?

All my lights work apart from one tail light, although the stop light works so I'm hoping it's just the bulb. I need to get my meter out though to investigate the temperature gauges, both of which seem to want to stay at half scale all the time!

Andy

Can't help you, but how do you get the IR lights to work?

Its obviously been tampered with in an earlier life

When I first got it and it all worked fine I looked at some pics and the outside set of headlights were on now its the other way round...or is it the other way, either way the wrong ones are on ! :nut:

Hi All,

Wish i could shed some "light" on the subject, I have a similar problem with my 432, just haven't got around to looking at mine yet. Think mine has some thing to do with the fact that some big footed driver jumped in and dragged the wiring down that goes to the switch panels. Let us know how you get on.

Dougy