Crossley Q type 4x4

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know how many of the q type prime movers are still in existence. I stumbled across one in some brambles yesterday and was pretty intrigued. The cab was shot but there was a spare cab in the brambles with it. This one had been turned in to a fertiliser spreader by the looks of things.  I'm considering making further enquiries about it but it it would be a lot to take on.

There is a complete unrestored one in the Winchester museums collection with RAF trailer. It's in their storage facility at Winchester which you can visit if you make an appointment.

I did have a load of photos somewhere.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2016 at 8:31 PM, Rms Leyland Hippo said:

Hi I have just brought two Crossly lorry's one was a GS body and the other one most definitely was a tender they are both a bit of a wreck the Gs one is just a chassie with wheels and engine with no carb and no mag or dynamo and some one took the heads off the heads are still there but have let the weather in. The tender has the cab but rusted through and the tank is missing and a lot hole of stuff missing if i didn't rescue it they were going to be cut up for scrap so any one have parts manuals or any thing to do with a Crossly Q type ww2 would be very much appreciated.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, Shaun Ferreday said:

Does anybody know how many of the q type prime movers are still in existence. I stumbled across one in some brambles yesterday and was pretty intrigued. The cab was shot but there was a spare cab in the brambles with it. This one had been turned in to a fertiliser spreader by the looks of things.  I'm considering making further enquiries about it but it it would be a lot to take on.

Any photos Shaun?

• 1 month later...