Rc scammell explorer

outback

Thanks for kind comments ,update is i have now fitied the winch in the bed this is in the form of a servo ,it is controlled from the transmiter and is fittied with 3mm wire rope ,the winch should pull 20-25 lb.

I have also started the rear a frame (not sure of the purpose of this other than to hold the winch hooks !) any one tell me:embarrassed:

next up is the jib winch it will again run from the transmitter i also want the extending bit to work also from the transmitter

scam 081.jpg

Thanks for kind comments ,update is i have now fitied the winch in the bed this is in the form of a servo ,it is controlled from the transmiter and is fittied with 3mm wire rope ,the winch should pull 20-25 lb.

I have also started the rear a frame (not sure of the purpose of this other than to hold the winch hooks !) any one tell me:embarrassed:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29376[/ATTACH]

next up is the jib winch it will again run from the transmitter i also want the extending bit to work also from the transmitter

Hi mate , the A frame is used to lower and raise the spare wheel onto its bracket using the crane winch ! As shown in this pic ! :D

user1282_pic1653_1247692361.jpg

hi mate thanks for picture just what i needed, i have now done the radiator.

The jib is causing a lot of head scratching at the moment, so much going on and limited space :banghead: i may need to re think this section :undecided:

scam.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

can any one please tell me the colour of the interiour in the cab, or if any body has any pictures of the inside, i have searched the 150 pages on the forum for pictures, and can only find a couple of the inside , the out side is being painted deep bronze green ,i have now completed some of the jib

scam 004.jpg

thats good news green it will be ,at last i have now fittied extending jib with motor control, this is being worked from a switch on the rear not from transmitter as previous thought

couple of small bits still to do on this section but nothing major now ..

scam 020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another update got the jib winch mounted and working :-D(not through transmitter though but with 2 small switches ) it can lift about 12lb, i tested it at weekend and next problem is the back end weighs that much when i tried to drive up a slope 40% it was doing a wheelie (now thats something you dont see every day ) so its out with the lead pound and half should do the trick under the bonnet ,still need to make rope/wire guide and tidy up winch motor ,more update pics soon

scammell 003.jpg

scammell 001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ok as requested some pictures of chassis

this was my drawing to work from ,off internet then enlarged to give the correct tire size i was using it worked out well as the width was very close to the axle's i wanted to use

the front suspension was fixed in the center

the rear axles mounting and suspension ,at present the suspension is to soft more springs are needed to firm up the rear end ,yes there is 2 axles on the rear ,at present i am working on a single axle design using proper walking beam ( lots of head scratching)

here is the transfere box it is made from a gear box with a couple of mods ,the use of this second gearbox gives the much needed torque and low speed

more pictures will follow of the main box and how is connected soon

steve

jar 012.jpg

jar 005.jpg

jar 011.jpg

jar 009.jpg

jar 010.jpg

jar 007.jpg

sss 004.jpg

• 1 month later...