May be a few vehicles there with the necessary kit and capability to tow a tank but if it's on the road who has the correct HGV licence?

I believe if you are running on a car licence and driving a pre 1960 commercial, affecting any recovery on the road is a no no.

Think Heliops and Too Tall Mike both qualify with HGV licences but I'm sure they'll confirm.

We are obviously not going to need any but.......

How many recovery vehicles are attending and what kit do they have for tank towing?

Hi Adrian,

We have two Wards and Martins - Allied Forces - Diamond T which is near completion.

Hi Adrian, each Ward will be equipped with a Hollybone so no need to bring yours. We have a selection of recovery adaptors, but if you have the correct ones please bring them along as we don't know which are the correct ones for a Sherman (having never recovered one before). Mark also has a correct (and servicable) WW2 A frame but it is a bit heavy to get off the top of the crane where they live!

Vince

I don't think much of the crane jibs on those series 4s, that radial only weighs half a ton and it's bent it! :-)

Think they forgot to undo the engine mounts before lifting. Either that or it's a strong earth strap to the pack, those usually get forgot on and engine lift. :D