Anyway just a couple of questions......

1. Is there going to be some sort of "check in" process when I arrive? is my name on the list?

2. Will I be advised on where to pitch my tent?

3. Are vouchers to be issued for the breakfast or is it assumed everyone in the field has payed or has taken out a subscription to Pathfinder magazine of which I am the latter.

4. There was mention of a local petrol station doing a discount on fuel, is this the case?

Hi Paul,

1 - yes there will be myself (or anyone else I can bully into the job) there and you are on the list. And you will be given a wrist band so I know who is with us and also gives access to Maiden Newton at War.

2 - We have the whole field so you can pitch where you want to.

3 - Subscribers to The Pathfinder Magazine eat for free and so too do those folks who have paid their £15.

4 - Yes there is but I also talking with Shell in Dorchester to see if we can get it even cheaper......

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might head down on the Thursday too. I'm only about 10 miles away so its an easy one for me.

It might just be me being stupid but have timings of Saturdays road run been published. I.e. - what time we can expect to leave Maiden Newton and what time we should be rolling into Dorchester?

Also, do i gather that Fridays run for soft skins is cancelled?

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes please do come down Thursday and enjoy the buid up.

I have cancelled the Friday run as I have to focus on the Saturday with the tank run - which is no mean feat.

The Saturday time table is as follows:

Drive down into Maiden Newton as 09:30 and line up in the street as we are 'opening' the show. We leave at 10:30 and head for Martinstown for a pub stop at around midday.

We then leave for Dorchester to drive through the town to be parked up in Brewery Square for the public to come and see us and for us to visit Dorchester town if you so wish.

17:00 we all get ready and organised for the Carnival parade as we are heading up the Carnival and we are leading the way - at this point the roads will be closed for us :)

Another circuit of the town and in the words of the Chief Inspector - 'Jack head it up and the get the 'F' out of town'!

We will then blast along the main roads to get back to Maiden Newtown for 19:00 to open Maiden Newtons evening bash - swing band etc etc and the public will be waiting for us to return. We can then travel back to our campsite.

When we have got everyone back safely from Dorchester - I AM GOING TO HAVE A PINT!

Adrian - we shouldn't have any as I have planned it to make sure we have a clear run through...

Sounds good Jack, it's just most carnival parades move at a slow walking pace.

Or are we just setting off with the parade in hot pursuit! Getting better all the time!:-D

Or are we just setting off with the parade in hot pursuit! Getting better all the time!:-D

They wanted us to be in the parade and I explained that we would have vapor lock problems. But yes we will be leaving the Carnival behind.......:whistle:

I feel a Kelly's Heroes moment coming on.... Now, where's my flying helmet?

Ironically we will be passing right next to Lloyds bank......and I have a cunning plan :cool2:

But yes we will be leaving the Carnival behind.......:whistle:

Note to self - Do not put Mike's M18 in the front...he would leave a P51 one behind! (it was a Mons moment - you had to be there :sweat: ).

14 days time - the tanks and armour and vehicles will be on their way down into Maiden Newton for the big push into Dorchester.

I have 1 million things left to do.

Jack

For clarity can you please provide a brief overview of the percieved schedule for the weekend, I am clear on the Saturday: 9.30 into MN, 10.30 leave for Martinstown, Dorchester for the afternoon, depart for MN after heading up the carnival.

Are we displaying in MN on Sunday? family and friends are keen to attend to see the vehicles but we are unsure on plans.

Cheers

Edited by Marmite!!
Post moved

Jack

Are we displaying in MN on Sunday? family and friends are keen to attend to see the vehicles but we are unsure on plans.

Cheers

No worries.

Sunday - yes displaying in MN with all vehicles. Then MN in the afternoon have a battle reenactment. Jim C's Sherman will be in the battle field and our tanks will be driving across through 3- 4 fields above the village.

Pyros will be in place and our tanks will line up behind the pyros and then 'fire' down onto the battle in field in support of Jim's tank (Jim has left the troops stranded without tank support as he has just nipped into the village to price up some canvas for a GMC.) Seriously I am only joking about the GMC - I think it is a jeep he is going to see.....

Then our tanks will drive back down into the village and park up.

Help

Got a friend coming down to sit in carrier with me, But I need a battle dress for him to wear.

Has anybody got a 40/50/60s tunic (45 chest,) trouses (45 waist) I came borrow for the day. Theres a drink in it.

I need he's help and don't want to drive into Dorcester with somebody sat in my carrier wearing a Chelsea T shirt.

Thanks

mob 07973 624185

If I am too grumpy later in the week for having to miss this fantastic event I better wish you today all the best time possible!

May the gods if breakdown be drunk for 6 days and the gods of weather on holiday to France!

If I am too grumpy later in the week for having to miss this fantastic event I better wish you today all the best time possible!

May the gods if breakdown be drunk for 6 days and the gods of weather on holiday to France!

Sorry to hear you can't attend.

I'll misbehave for the both of us.:-D