Bill Target Memorial Rally

A fine time was had by all. I arrived Friday night about 20.30hrs on a chilly evening. The weather was fine on Saturday although it was very cold at night. Sunday was wet for most of the day and was fairly cold.

Vehicles booked in were 43 Steam Engines, 11 Miniture Steam Engines, 72 Stationary Engines, 33 Commercial Vehicles, 20 Military Vehicles, 20 Fire Appliances, 30 MotorCycles, 106 Classic Cars, 81 Tractors and all the other stuff like trade stands, collectables etc.

This is the first time I've been to this event and I have to say it was OK. The field is very large but does sit on a hill which made sleeping a bit of an experience. There was some very interesting vehicles there. It was made even better by the addition of a privately owned US Army Helicopter that came in at 10am on Saturday and just landed 30yds from our vehicles. This aircraft was very nice and the owner has made a cracking job of the restoration.

I met Alan, AKA ace1 from the forum with his Scammell Pioneer. Very nice chap and very knowledgeable about the Super Sentinel steam lorry (great to meet you Alan and thanks for the tour of the steam lorry!)

I also met the Adjutant of my old Regiment, who recognized me after 9 years. Thanks Ma'am.:-)

Anyway leave a comment if you attended the show.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Looks like my kind of show mate ! Any ideas who owns the Scammell Constructor "Ardent" now ! Good to see her out and about again ! :D Thanks for sharing your pictures ! Lovely :D

I never got to chat to the owner, but the truck was in lovely condition. He had a massive living van behind and the back of the truck was fitted with a big generator, so it was a home from home for him.:cool2:

Here are a few more pictures.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, and thanks for the tour of your truck, it was good to meet a fellow HMVFer?.:D

When you took the pics of the sentinell we wre doing "engineering" on the valve gaps, these old trucks are a bit fussy at the best of times:blush: and things need tweeking quite often.:shocked:

I had a good run back home with Sparky, doing the 40 miles in about 2.5 houres, give or take.

Alan.

Nice photos, looked like a good event. The chopper looks like an overgrown dragonfly...nice though :D

The back wheels on the stone crusher look like Cromwell or Cruiser tank or some such?

So they do!:shocked:

I didn't even notice those.

Glad you got back OK Alan. It took me about 1h 20mins to get back at a steady 40mph.:cool2: