Saddleworth wartime weekend.

Don't know why but yes would agree it is a shame - went for the first time last year and it was good fun (although my Lightweight not strictly wartime I suppose !).

Also agree we need more shows in the North. Went to Wheels & Wings yesterday which was also very good.

Not got time or commitment to organise myself though - max respect to those who do..

i agree that more shows in the north is what's required, i wonder if the local mvt might get something going, i'm going to join the mvt so i will suggest it although i feel the paperwork and commitment required to organise something like that would be enormous so not something i'd like to tackle if i'm being honest but many hands make light work, you'd think the iwm north would do something along those lines but i've not heard of anything.

eddy

I heard stories at the weekend that Saddleworth was cancelled and also still going ahead! Some confusion seems to exist with 'Is it, Isn't it' and also who is running it, and is the MVT still involved, or is it being privately run.

But if you want events in the North, please support our event at Croft Circuit near Darlington in August - http://www.croftmilitary.co.uk/

I heard stories at the weekend that Saddleworth was cancelled and also still going ahead! Some confusion seems to exist with 'Is it, Isn't it' and also who is running it, and is the MVT still involved, or is it being privately run.

Just seen this;

www.saddleworthnews.com/?p=1730

Click on the link in the news item, for more details.

Hmmm

From the story it doesn't sound like good news for heavy vehicles. Would be a real shame - the sound of the heavy convoy reverberating around the valley from miles away was one of the highlights for me last year..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well it is next weekend. Is anyone else going???

Fraid not - was going to but will be going camping in Northern France instead, mostly pas de calais area, though maybe a bit further so hoping to visit some of the sites - Battery Todt, la Coupole etc..

Look forward to reading the report if you go..

Fraid not - was going to but will be going camping in Northern France instead, mostly pas de calais area, though maybe a bit further so hoping to visit some of the sites - Battery Todt, la Coupole etc..

Look forward to reading the report if you go..

Fantastic... I am planning an expedition to the same places early next year....:-)

I will endeavour to take lots of pictures ....

With my greatest pleasure,Mark. It was a great day and well organised. I think there was a lot of skullduggery,misinformation and people who did'nt want it to go ahead and as a result not quite as well attended as last year but a fantastic event nonetheless :-).

It was a great event, enhanced today by unusual Oldham weather. Sun being out meant it wasn't too muddy on the fields either. A few more traders stalls than last year too.

There looked to be more vehicles in the convoy through Uppermill than there were on display on the Churchill playing fields.

Best of all it was free to enter as a spectator.

Hope it's on again next year when I've half a chance of getting a vehicle along as it's the nearest event to me all year.

hi fella's

it was a good show, i met a couple of people and had a chat about mv's and even the weather gods were onside today which made for a good day out, next year i'll be there in the carrier for sure so i should have a bit of fun :D

berna2 vm i saw your wagon and had a good look round it, quite an impressive beast and looks like it was built to last but didn't see you there and when i came back later i saw your tailgate disappearing through the exit gate, i'll have to catch up with you next year.

all the best

eddy

That is a bugger,I would have loved to have met you in the flesh so to speak. Unfortunatley we had somewhere to go hence the early exit!!! Hopefully see you soon as there must be some more shows before the next Saddleworth :-).Next year Bernadette will look a lot smarter as my renovation program should be complete by then!!!

All the best,

Richard.