Hello ...Keith Hembley, Bournemouth UK

Hello all

I have been a member on this forum a couple of months now...and have just realised i havn't introduced my self...oops..most remis of me...my interest is all things military....but my main interest is post WW2 British vehicles...I own a 1973 Series 3 Airportable GS Lightweight also a 1959 Daimler Ferret MK2/3..which i am in the process of restoring....first show this year for me is SOE Overlord show Portsmouth...so only 6 weeks to get my ferret ready!!...it WILL be ready...failure is not an option...lol.

My Brother Steve is also a member here....Hems303....he also owns an Airportable S3 (1980)....he mostly spends his time (leisure) restoring/repairing his lightweight...and helping me restore my Ferret.

I'm looking forward to posting...and reading your posts.

Regards Keith

(or Keef to my friends....its easier to type..lol)

KRH Ferret 142..jpg

KRH Ferret 062..jpg

Hi Keith,

One of my friends owned that ferret until about 2 1/2 years ago. Its good to see it again we wondered where it was now. He had many great years with it, and it was a very reliable vehicle and purred like a kitten. Best of luck with it, and maybe we'll meet at Horndean

Hi Keith,

and welcome to the madhouse i hear you have been very busy working on the ferret. If i dont see you befor see you at Horndean.

Ashley

Hi ashley...cheers 4 the welcome....hows your Jeep...hope your bringing it to Horndean......look forward to seeing you... i will be there...in my Ferret...ifn i extract digit..Regards Keith

Hi Keith,

One of my friends owned that ferret until about 2 1/2 years ago. Its good to see it again we wondered where it was now. He had many great years with it, and it was a very reliable vehicle and purred like a kitten. Best of luck with it, and maybe we'll meet at Horndean

Hi Barry

Hope we meet at Horndean....just look for the Ferret....thats ifn i get it completed.....been off road all this winter for Restoration ( interior anyway)..would be good to chat to a previous owner ( any chance of his phone number?....that is if he would like to chat about his ferret)...did he by any chance live in the Portmouth area?...as that is where the previous owner bought it from.

Kind regards

Keith

WELCOME:) the ferret purrs again, we have seen the tranformation over the last year as it is in our garden, looking forward to the show season again, hope WE BOTH done brake down again on our way to and at Hordean as we did last year,

Miss Jeep

(Amanda)

WELCOME:) the ferret purrs again, we have seen the tranformation over the last year as it is in our garden, looking forward to the show season again, hope WE BOTH done brake down again on our way to and at Hordean as we did last year,

Miss Jeep

(Amanda)

Hello Amanda n' robert....thank you for the welcome......and thank you for putting up with my armour in your back garden for the last 6 months...will soon be gone (yull miss me...but my oil stains will be a reminder...not too permanant one hopes!!!).....its nothiing personal...they all weep...mine weeps coz its missing being on the road ...bye for now .....looking forward to doing the shows with you both

Keefer

( Keef to his friends)

Hi Barry

Hope we meet at Horndean....just look for the Ferret....thats ifn i get it completed.....been off road all this winter for Restoration ( interior anyway)..would be good to chat to a previous owner ( any chance of his phone number?....that is if he would like to chat about his ferret)...did he by any chance live in the Portmouth area?...as that is where the previous owner bought it from.

Kind regards

Keith

The ferret was based in Ruislip, Middlesex. I'll check before I pass on his phone number but I don't think it will be a problem. Best of luck with it

Barry

The ferret was based in Ruislip, Middlesex. I'll check before I pass on his phone number but I don't think it will be a problem. Best of luck with it

Barry

Hi barry Thanks for the info....your right about the ferret purring.... i drove it down from the midlands last year...non stop (apart from fuel stop)......only conked out once ...due to the B60 sucking the tank dry....i was still running on average car mpg mentality.....was the first time i had driven a Ferret too...so hopefully i can be excused for my lack of knowledge...was a real blast tho....Keef

Welcome fellow Ferret owner Keith from another owner, but in Canada or kanader if I follow your spelling cue!

Just a tip about your fuel tank, be sure to switch over to the reserve side on a regular basis so as not to develop crud over there and also to make sure you keep the tank full as the condensation factor can be great on such if left outside.

I guess you must be employed as a civil servant or have won the National Lottery to be able to afford such long road trips based on UK fuel prices, or maybe you dont have kids!

regards

Robin

Welcome fellow Ferret owner Keith from another owner, but in Canada or kanader if I follow your spelling cue!

Just a tip about your fuel tank, be sure to switch over to the reserve side on a regular basis so as not to develop crud over there and also to make sure you keep the tank full as the condensation factor can be great on such if left outside.

I guess you must be employed as a civil servant or have won the National Lottery to be able to afford such long road trips based on UK fuel prices, or maybe you dont have kids!

regards

Robin

Hi Robin,thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info re the fuel tank..i will remember to cycle the fuel tap to use the fuel in the reserve.as for the cost of long UK road trips ...your right you need to win the lottery or have very rich inlaws....unfortunatly i have neither..lol.....240 miles cost me about £160....i was quoted over £500 to have the ferret lowloaded home.....the long drive was the only option...was great fun tho....regards Keith

Brave man driving that far as a first time ferret driver (although as they say...very fine line between bravery and....well, maybe I won't go there, you look bigger than me :) )

Hi Mike ..i hear what your saying...and your quite right.... a little knowledge is dangerous....when i think back i cringe to think what could have gone wrong....but as the saying goes the sun shines on the righteous...so i must be doing something right ...lol

• 3 months later...

Hi Bro

Well thats another season nearly done, most enjoyable. Thanks for all your help during the year, and I was mightily impressed with the quality you have achieved on your first military vehicle restoration with the Ferret, a real credit to you. I enjoyed painting the Unit ident on the turret in the sun, during Horndean, lol, ...better late than never!

Hems

turret art.JPG

Hems at work.JPG

Hi Keith, Would you like to join us on Sunday 26th September at the Bournemouth Aviation Museum Military Vehicle and Cockpit Day.

We have one Ferret hopefully attending already and many more vehicles.

If you would like more details see www.aviation-museum.co.uk or email me at: stevetydeman@yahoo.co.uk and I can send you a form.

Many Thanks

Steve Tydeman