New Toy!!

fc101daz

Hi All

Have just had one of those wonderful days dragging new project out of the shed it has spent the last twenty years in! The new love of my life is a 1943 Chevy that I have just added pictures of in my gallery.23000 genuine miles from new "needs small amount of work for MOT"!!! Unfortunately circumstances dictate she gets tarped up outside for a while before I can get to work.At least it is safe now! Will add more photos when I can

Daren

Hi Daren,

That's great! I know we talked about this ages ago when you first joined the forum. Looks like a lot of work but a worthwhile project.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Yeh,that was October of last year!!! Got to the point at times where I thought I was going to have to let it go as struggled to find somewhere to keep it.Outside isn't ideal I know as it has been dry stored for 20years but at least it's in my possession now.Do you still have that manual mate? Built date on the plate is October 13 1943 and gives the manual needed as MB-C2-W.Is this the one you have? Do you have any ideas of how to trace any history of it from all the info on the data plates?Will post some more pics in a minute.

Did you get your Cletrac home eventually? Post some pics if you have some

Daren

I do keep a regular eye on both these sites and they are a mine of information.The MLU forum is like you say full of enthusiasts from all over the world.They put a lot of time and effort into research for spares etc.I will register my truck on the Canadian Register today if I get the chance.Did I miss loads of great CMP parts at Beltring?!!!!Biggest chunks missing (besides a body!!) are the engine cover and the brush guard I think.

Daren

I do keep a regular eye on both these sites and they are a mine of information.The MLU forum is like you say full of enthusiasts from all over the world.They put a lot of time and effort into research for spares etc.I will register my truck on the Canadian Register today if I get the chance.Did I miss loads of great CMP parts at Beltring?!!!!Biggest chunks missing (besides a body!!) are the engine cover and the brush guard I think.

Daren

Don't think so.... I saw a lot of Jeep and Dodge stuff, slightly less GMC but I don't recall much - if any - CMP; but my store of knowledge is not that great so maybe others saw more than I :-)