Croft Circuit Nostalgia Weekend - 7th & 8th August 2010

Nobody told me that we could pre book a kettle being 'on'. Subject to there being no 'troubles' to 'shoot' we will be there between 12:00 and 13:00; so, if we can pre book a hot kettle that will be 6 cups of tea for the drivers and five more for the co- drivers.......

Ken

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if that can be managed without an eyebrow being raised, two gallons of 'hot' water for us to put in the 'bath' would be very useful on Monday morning. That way, we can finally get Adam's bath in to service before we leave...

See you Friday Steve.

Regards

Ken

I had some boxes marked "sunshine MkII" (can't imagine what happened to the MkI version), "Do not use in a restricted place, ensure poor weather is prevailing", dated June 1944. Unfortunatley i opened both of them in Normandy last June, which resulted in the (in) famous bacon fat in lieu of sun cream event....... Rain or shine, we'll be there Fri - Mon. If we don't make it, we will be stuck somewhere between Boroughbridge and Croft desparately looking for the part we need and an extra box of sunshine if it is raining.......

Ken

I had some boxes marked "sunshine MkII" (can't imagine what happened to the MkI version), "Do not use in a restricted place, ensure poor weather is prevailing", dated June 1944. Unfortunatley i opened both of them in Normandy last June, which resulted in the (in) famous bacon fat in lieu of sun cream event....... Rain or shine, we'll be there Fri - Mon. If we don't make it, we will be stuck somewhere between Boroughbridge and Croft desparately looking for the part we need and an extra box of sunshine if it is raining.......

Ken

:n00b::drive: Oh ye of little faith:D

Sorry to hear that Roop, hope you soon recover. I was looking forward to seeing you again but looking on the bright side at least I won't have to put up with your feet when I'm driving a certain armoured vehicle.:D

Queue !!

I want mine delivering to me Degsy, you'll know where to find me with it Steve .

Nappies are the way to go Bodge, Steve can keep you changed and talced , he is well practiced now and what else are friends for !!!!!

Edited by whistlinwolf

Bodge has somehow passed his affliction on to me:n00b::argh: and at the moment looks doubtful if I can go. Final decision early tomorrow.

Its probably one of those Internet Viruses you here about.:???

Hope we are not all at risk?

Mike

After the positive feed back we received from all sides of the event, I'm pretty sure it will run again next year. For a first event, we were over the moon with the support from the military guys, with MV's and dioramas the full length of the runway area where we displayed. The parade of MV's around the circuit must have filled at least half the track. From the front, I never did see the back of the convoy as we travelled around.

Many thanks to everyone who turned up and gave us a great show.

Just got along there today. What a great event, good selection of military vehicles, classic cars and great racing.......seeing Lotus Cortinas battling with Mustangs, Mini Coopers, Imps and Alfa`s was superb.A classic E Type loosing a rear wheel at speed was quite a site.... I thought it would of been busier than it was though meant spectating was easy, had a great relaxed atmasphere.......Will be back again.