Dambusters to be re-made

Adam Elsdon

OK not quite on thread but related.

Came across this on BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10157136.stm

They are currently recreating and retesting some of the techniques used for a documentary for screening later in the year. One to keep an eye out for.

Wonder if it is in anyway related to the fact they are remaking the film, these things tend to come in batches, or just a coincidence

Mike.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loosely connected to this thread, an article in our local paper here in ‘flatish’ Lincolnshire, said a team of divers are planning this summer to recover some of the 120 practise spherical bombs dropped in Loch Striven during the run up to the Dams Raid, film footage of these trials was used in the original film. A spokesman diver said ‘There must be a whole bundle of them on the bottom’.

At a guess I would say about 120 or so! :D

Very interesting and worth keeping apace with.

Loosely connected to this thread, an article in our local paper here in ‘flatish’ Lincolnshire, said a team of divers are planning this summer to recover some of the 120 practise spherical bombs dropped in Loch Striven during the run up to the Dams Raid, film footage of these trials was used in the original film. A spokesman diver said ‘There must be a whole bundle of them on the bottom’.

Hi all,

i am sure that there is an example of at least one of the early practice bombs displayed here in Dorset which was recovered from the sea a few years ago. I don`t remember exactly where but i belive in the Lulworth area.

The actual testing took place off Chesil Beach and the example of the test bomdb is apparently on display at Abbotsbury

Ashley

Very interesting and worth keeping apace with.
Edited by ashley
more information

The Royal Navy still refuels there......so not "live" bombs i would imagine........

Hi Guys.

I'm a Brit living in Texas. When a friend gave me two chocolate labs I wanted to call one after N***** but there was universal disapproval around the house, I compromised and called him Digger.

Problem is when I shout at him to come back (which is most of the time as he does not listen worth a damn) it always seems to sound like N***** to the Texans anyway !!

Mark