scammell pioneer restoration

ruggyjohn

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds very reasonable. On another supply question where did you get the winch rope from? I need to get a reel for mine at some point.

And good to see that the amazon has gone to a good home.

Ed

hi edd, winch rope came of ebay, bought a nearly full drum and got 2 full lengths of rope of for my pioneer and a friend who has 3 pioneers, there is some cable left over but not the whole 440 feet you need for the pioneer, i would estimate about 200 feet left from memory but would need to check that.

hi richard, cab floor was boarded in keruin half lap, its the stuff used on commercial vehicle floors, ie trailers and flat beds, its aprox 28mm thick by about 140mm wide, i will leave mine unpainted because its really nice timber,its had 2 coates of sealer.

Hi John,

Were the side panels made off of templates or drawings . I only need one. Would the local firm be able to make 1 from there records or would I need to make a template?

I can have one made for you and use mine as a template, which side do you need as they are not the same. john

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...