Tankfest 06

Nice one Ashley.

I took about 5 pictures..........all of them just show it raining :evil: Think I have just about dried out, again :cry:

Been to 3 shows now, have soaked to the skin twice. Am I cursed?

We hitched in with HLA as I didn't want to be stuck out on a limb with the MVT plus the fact that they didn't have a Jimmy in their camp ( How dare they!) then took them into combat on the Sunday the truck had 20 guys on board :-o

Just how wet did Jnr and myself get on Sunday :-(, but a great show all the same. Happy man now I have seen the Tiger in motion :-D. Did see jack entering the arena but by this time water was running into unmentionable places and Jnr wanted out, can't say I blame him. He actually took twice as many photo's as I did :-o. Had a chat to Big Al jusyt before he started up the Crusader, what a sound, awesome.

Don

Awesome photo's! Wish I could have been there. But my weekend was great too, I'll post the photo's and movies tonight.

Hi MM

Been to Roermond?

I did as a passenger in a Jeep, we got caught in the storm on the way home.

I heard the hail bouncing of my tankhelmet, lots of fun...

Yup, visited it on saturday afternoon. Next year I'll be there with my Dodge, this seemed too much fun to miss.

Drove through the storm in my Megane when I drove back from the Legermuseum Depot in Kapelle, that was hell! I did saw two jeeps, one near Arnhem where it was still dry and one near Breda where all hell broke out. I can assure you, I did not envy the Jeep driver!

Was sunny see.............

P1010001-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

There it is...

P1010004.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010027-1.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010029-1.jpg

Here it is.......20 blokes in/on the Screaming Meemie. The boss of the LHA that I could charge up through the middle with them firing my .45 but it doesn't work......how flippin flippin flippin gutted was I :cry: :cry: :cry:

P1010033-1.jpg

P1010034-1.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010039.jpg

On the sat. night i sat with the lads from the 6th fallschirmjager re enactmet group a realy nice group and totally non political, thanks for the eveving guys.

here a few pictures from the other side of the battle :-P

DSCF0490.jpg

here is my mate mark i his kuble who realy enjoyed the battle

df93d6bc.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

Ashley

Nice one Ashley.

When I asked the Sgt from the Big Red 1 why is it that they always win,

he said that people don't like it if the Germans win....

What is wrong with the public? :

Being rather heavily biased here in working for a German dominated US company (work THAT one out) I have to say absoultely nothing!!! Over here the Germans should always lose :-) :-) :-)

Of course - the other side of the English Channel they may well have the other view!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

My mate Mark who owns the kuble in the battle, was recently re enacting in France, when he saw a opportunity to wipe out a section of American troops who had their backs to him :lol: on killing them with his pistole the horrified French man told him " you can not change the course of history " "now lie down and be dead" :-)

Saturday was a lovely day and evening and i missed most of the vehicle movements as i was meeting old friends.some who had travelled from far to be at the show. As i had not put the canvas up on the jeep and just sheeted it down on the sunday as it continually rained i did not bother to go in the arena or get the jeep going until it was home time at approx 5:30 pm.

Ashley

Nice one Ashley.

When I asked the Sgt from the Big Red 1 why is it that they always win,

he said that people don't like it if the Germans win....

What is wrong with the public? :

A very nice load photo's there!

I've also wondered why the the Germans never win at least one battle. If I was a German reanacter I would refuse to play dead.

Mind you if I did I probably wouldn't be asked again. :wink:

One last thing....this picture

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/atcase/tankfest/DSCF0475.jpg

I bet it must have smelt fantastic in there! :-)

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard.

this section of the museum is not generally open to the public, but actually stores the odd treasure from time to time as i have had the privilege of a couple of tours normally it is so packed in there you have to squeeze between the vehicles (loveeeeerly :-D)

Ashley

A couple of pictures from the Tankfest.

I can't claim the first one as mine as it's from the WWII LHA, but as a member of the association I guess it's ok to post here. I thought it was such a good picture I just had to share it. It's of the panzershrek taking out the stuart tank.

stuartgoingup2_8281.jpg

One of me ready to set off to blow up the enemy pillbox, looking a little worse for wear from the late night and heavy drinking of the previous day, not to mention the pouring rain all day Sunday.

jeep.jpg