Battle of the Bulge at NEAM 12/13th Dec 09

Last minute notice, but If anyone is in the North East over this weekend, pop down to the NE Aircraft Museum, next to Nissan in Sunderland, for their 'Battle of the Bulge' event. About a dozen different re-enactor groups booked in, so should be some good photo opportunities.

http://www.neam.org.uk/News/news.htm

N.E.A.M

Old Washington Road

Sunderland

Tyne & Wear

SR5 3HZ

I'll be down with a loaded camera, so should have some full memory cards by the end of the weekend.

Its not cold yet you pair of shandy drinking nancies !:n00b:

Now i have a mental picture of people dressed up as roughtie toughtie types, poncing about saying its a bit nippy!

Wave hello to the DH Vampire in the air cadets compound for me, i spent ages as a boy filling and sanding/rubbing that down prior to it been painted not long after it was first delivered by the RAF!

Just back home with the first 145 photos, but you'll have to wait coz 1) I'm still sorting through them, and 2 ) I'm off the the MVT Christmas meal tonight.

Did get some nice photos in and around the local farm near to the museum, plus one of a daft chump crawling on his belly through the muddy field looking for mines! I could have told him all he'd find was spuds!

We did see the sun during the morning, but just as a pale white disc through the mist.

botb4.jpg

About mid morning, I took some of the museum guys and one of the Germans to check out some woods on a local farm for a photo shoot. We had been given permission by the farmer, and from the police for blank firing. Because of all the rain, it took 4-wheel drive to get there along the edges of the fields. While I was behind the wheel, I didn't have a huge amount of influence over our direction! We decided for trips later in the day to take an alternative route through the fields on foot.

botb5.jpg