whats this please?

chevpol

Some kind of electrical earthing spike?

or a toasting fork 2 prong MkIIV, beans on toast for the use of...

When we were at the BBQ at ATR Pirbrught last year they had boxes of .... Buns, Burger Mk7 got a photo somewhere, who thinks of these names :confused:

Definately a trip-flare holder. Got caught a couple of times by those in training!

Some that were surplus to requirements (ie "nicked") were often used as location markers , with suitable plates (or lamps) attached for aiding the movement of vehicles into location.

I don't remember them having pointy ends , so it may have been modified as a Fork, toasting.

All the Mk6`s were recalled, remanufactured and up armoured before reissue. Some have been released through Withams and will no dought appear at W&P next year......

Does that mean that the MKII ketchup which is not AP rated will need to be replaced also... and what about reactive cheese slices?

Does that mean that the MKII ketchup which is not AP rated will need to be replaced also... and what about reactive cheese slices?

News just out from The Defence Secretary.....There is enough MKII Ketchup in place to allow for the increase in troop numbers.

As for cheese slices, thst is now the standard issue cheese slice, replacing the RAF issue cheese slice, RN CS and the Army`s optional coating slice cheese.

Defence savings on this scheme were huge..........

Not a trip flare holder but of same pattern in the lower twin fork. It is an aiming post used by the GPMG in the Sustained Fire (SF) role when mounted on the ground tripod. this is used in conjunction with the C2 sight that was mounted on the gun (similar to the one used by 81mm mortar) at night there was also a trilux light clamped onto the post to assist aiming and laying the gun - works on angle between gun barrel the sight and angle to post using basic geometry will give you a bearing to the target - sighted (laying off) during day then recorded for nightime ops etc. The posts usually came in pairs and were part of the SF gun kit.

The pointed ends were the part that went into the ground- the trip flare had these too with a double prong at top to mount the flare pot but weren't pointed. I have a box full of these trip flare picquets as they are handy bits of kit apart from already stated route markers we use them to pin down cam nets etc. Also back to BBQs two placed each side of a fire give you a support for a roasting bar for meat etc.

hope this helps

Gary

Edited by gazzaw
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
as the title says, the group was given a load of stuff, these rods were in the pile.

We think they are something to do with GPMG

Mark

Aiming marker pole for GPMG SF for the lamp...thats why its got the black and white paint !!!

tut...Tankies :-D

Sorry beat to it...LOL

Edited by tartan-ninja
was already done above....LOL
  • Thanks 1

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chris Hall said:

Try ringing or emailing. They have lots of stuff they don’t list. They have a 7.92mm Bren which isn’t listed and I’ve been waiting for it to come up and for the price to drop as it’s massively over priced at the shows.

I first saw one of those 7.92mm Bren's at Southsea in the eighties for sale. At a vehicle show on the seafront green. It was £200. No one wanted it or even picked it up. Because it wasnt an 'English' .303" Bren!.....I knew exactly what it was. Knew there were less of them about. But didnt recognise the significance at the time!.....:( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, Graham de wey peters said:

I’ve looked on a regular basis , and only seen and bought the covers for the lamps , but if you can point me in the right direction , I’d be really great full 

https://www.dandbmilitaria.com/british-gpmg-trilux-sighting-unit-lamp-u7-b

They come up from time to time. Here they have one again. Heavy price tag as most d and b stuff though. I own one of the white triangle stands from the SF kit if you are interested.