Pinzgauer Rebuild

fesm_ndt

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lucky I got the UK MoD Repair Instruction manual as the original workshop manual was a bit vague on how this tool worked.

The original 'English' manual states:

"Note: set adjustment device to 125.5mm (the left-hand notch of the vernier is the reference point, as foe caliper gauge"

"Turn driving flange until adjustment device and TDC marking on driving flange (flywheel) line up"

The left-hand bit had me wondering, as the way the tool is used, and from the picture in the book. left-hand makes no sense. However in the UK MoD book it shows a much clearer close up drawing, so no need to know left from right.

After seeing the picture left-hand would be if you thought of it as a bolt a looked sideways at it (yeah I know, confusing, the close up drawing is very good). Most likely a poor translation from the original Austrian.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55072[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

It's curious given the reasonable pricing that the gas Pinz go for that few end up in the MV collections and go more to off roaders. If I was living in the UK my TD would of been painted up and fitted out as UK MoD.

The 710 is a petrol and in the UK one thing that ups the price is the year of registration with the older higher priced if dont have to pay road tax

I do Pinzgauer searches every couple of days and have found some cheap bargins in obscure locatios. A lot of the petrol stuff is LHD also.

The petrol stuff is like a series Land Rover and the TD's are like a Defender in ride, noise, comfort and complexity