Mystery Object No.122

fv1609

Clive,

Bit of a slow starter is this one........not a lot of clues, but from looking at the lower picture on the second post, it look like some kind of kit stowage, there being a "wing" nut and retainer plate on that item.

Yes Richard they are all playing with tools at the moment!

Nope afraid not to do with stowage.

Device for laying D10 behind advancing vehicles???

Neil welcome, I thought this was going to be a one-horse race with you know who winning! I'm afraid its not for laying anything.

If it helps, although this bracket assembly is a REME workshop design, the actual equipment it carried (which is not shown) was not British.

If it helps, although this bracket assembly is a REME workshop design, the actual equipment it carried (which is not shown) was not British.

The equipment was a Carl Gustav & the mounting assembly was for a Saracen.

I thought someone was going to chip away at the non-British item. Then when we got to Sweden it would be a giveaway.

Then when we got to the armoured vehicle, someone would ask tracked or wheeled. Then knowing it had been fitted to Pigs then Saracen would have been the next step.

I was going to go back & put the uncensored drawings up & just leave it to see how long before someone with a photo zoom would take to notice the change, but it was too much of an effort!