• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

American from the 1960's

Side ports are not electrical or radio outlets

Not a defoliant/decontamination unit

Doesn't look like a bowser

Are they fluid connections of some sort on the side - or are they junction boxes???

Was thinking a mobile/field shower unit????

Correct

Correct

Correct

Correct

Not fluid connections

Not junction boxes

Not a shower or washing unit

If they aren't junction boxes, fluid outlets, electrical or radio connectors that doesn't leave an awful lot... If anything...... :(

Neil, you've not exhausted all possibilities yet!

There are 23 of these things on each side of the truck.

hi clive,

are they a row of circuit breakers/fuses for a lighting/loud speaker system :confused:

regards

Graham, they do look as if they should do something like that. But they are not circuit breakers, fuses, or sockets nor for lighting or speaker systems.

was thinking of something to use whilst broadcasting to the enemy?

Mark

Ah with you Mark, funny noises or messages to go home because your wife or partner is having an affair? Nope nothing like that.

Something odd about that truck, it would appear to be a 2 1/2 ton Reo type, but single wheels on rear and low body with arches. Looking at Bart's book a similar one shown is to do with telephone construction and maintenance.............but telephones have been ruled out.............:confused:

Something odd about that truck, it would appear to be a 2 1/2 ton Reo type, but single wheels on rear and low body with arches. Looking at Bart's book a similar one shown is to do with telephone construction and maintenance.............but telephones have been ruled out.............:confused:

No telephone, electric, water or maintenance role.

Reo, is it? I have no idea!

These 23 things are mounted on planks 1ft high & 12ft long each side.

Is there something in the truck body between each set of whatever they are?

Can I see some sort of jumper between 3 pairs of whatever they are?

Whats in the truck I don't know, it could be anything. Not important the truck was in use for ferrying any sort of stores.

I think those things you can see are just handles. The spacing suggests there ought to be another one in the gap left of centre. I think they are just for lifting these boards with the things on to help support them while they are being fixed to the truck.

OK, is that an air manifold running the length of the board, with an operating rod just above that controls each 'thing'?

Nope not an air manifold, think it's a rod. The things are electrically powered by the cable that has been spotted coming from the cab.

Nope not an air manifold, think it's a rod. The things are electrically powered by the cable that has been spotted coming from the cab.

Now your'e confusing me (Not difficult I admit) the 'Things' are electrical powered but the outlets are not electrical? So are they a mechanical drive? Some sort of anti roadside IED counter measure.

Now your'e confusing me

Surely not Tony! You have been applying a good logic & making good use of all the clues as they emerge.

the 'Things' are electrical powered but the outlets are not electrical?
Correct

So are they a mechanical drive?
Nope, not really

Some sort of anti roadside IED counter measure.
Nope