IMPS Combined Ops Show at Headcorn 2009

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Many thanks to Lee for posting pictures - and to Harry for snapping away.

I asked my lovely Naughty Nurse (Debbie) to bring her camera but she forgot in her rush to see me.

First of all, like most members, I really enjoyed the weekend. Felt very relaxed and amoungst friends. Usual HMVF members appeared over the weekend and stopped by. I'd like to think they came to see me but I suspect they came to see the Naughty Nurse and the "Love Trailer."

Only one person nearly stepped on the Union Jack mat - and he had no hair. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Apologies for the noisy generator - when a girls got to do her hair - she's got to do her hair. I would like to think I tried to be considerate in my times and frequency of use.

Only grumble I have in relation to the show was the parking of green vehicles - spread over a distance too far and with no apparent organisation. I'm afraid us (we) vehicles owners should take the blame for that.

I know it's a touchy subject but to be honest - I couldn't give a hoot if someone has a green tent or a white tent. I would like to see all the vehicles together - facing outwards with tents / caravans at the rear and the avenues back to back so joe public can walk up and down with vehicles both sides.

Anyway - minor point to what was a very enjoyable show.

Many thanks to Graham and Tina who looked after me until Naughty Nurse arrived - much appreciated. At least Lee, Ian and Harry could have the weekend off.

Off to Meyhem on Friday - at least I will if this cold I have goes away. Truck and the Love trailer are already on site.

Feel free to come and say hi - only DO NOT step on the Union Jack mat.

Markheliops

Great pictures guys and I feel that I most apologies to the Mustang owner and get myself on an aircraft recognition course...

Think it was Harry who was stood on my stand when an engine fired up from behind us...I said 'oh that is the standard Fordson just firing up....'

- then the Mustang went by :whistle::whistle::iamsmiling:

- I will get my coat...............

Great pictures guys and I feel that I most apologies to the Mustang owner and get myself on an aircraft recognition course...

Think it was Harry who was stood on my stand when an engine fired up from behind us...I said 'oh that is the standard Fordson just firing up....'

- then the Mustang went by :whistle::whistle::iamsmiling:

- I will get my coat...............

Just for Jack... identify these aircraft:coffee:

400_F_14173704_5Fx9LcZVFs2UCNgOw4RzzXCfKECD8j43.jpg

Easy to confuse the two Jack. I myself got to 2500 feet once before I realised I was on the lawnmower.....

Moral of the story there - don't look for fuel leaks with a lighted match unless wearing a parachute.... :rofl:

Did any one notice if they still had the Salamander down there at all??????

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

First off, sorry I've been off the radar recently, family problems continue to get in the way of fun stuff so much so that I havent even sorted out my War and Peace pictures properly yet! Anyway, didnt see any threads on the new IMPS do at Headcorn back in August so as it was the easiest job on my to do list I've gone through and picked out a few photies.

See http://www.depthoffieldimages.co.uk/imps09/index.html for a bit of a mixture!

Phil