The tank and vehicle field...

Folks - just to let you know that I have just been a meeting with the land owner with regarding to the fields with have for our tent city, tank and vehicle park!

It has had standing for artics to pull of the road and it is straight off the A37 so perfect. We also have sunken lanes to drive down and fields to cross to get down into the village - we will operate a one way systems as the lane works in a loop!

I will get the whole layout of the googlemaps so you can see what we have to play with - it is perfect!

jack just remember the cookhouse will need to be near water and shelter and hidden from ww2 vehicles as modern

dates are in diary

Will do Dave - got to look after you, we have to eat!!!!

- breakfast in bed for the team on Sunday please.:coffee:

Hey jack

Just wondering if you managed to get a map of the sunken lane route of google earth yet?

many thanks

Kyle

Hi Kyle - not yet - will get Sam on it as this is way behind my knowhow :stop: To start with put Maiden Newton into Google maps and go up a bit!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&resnum=0&q=maiden+newton&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Maiden+Newton,+Dorchester,+Dorset&gl=uk&ei=WQvWSsXeGtX94Aa0lKXgDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA

Leaving the office early tomorrow as I have a meeting in Dorchester :-D:cool2: broom broom!!!

Doh - sorry about that chaps - will get that done this week...all day today, meeting tomorrow, France Wednesday. Thursday is looking good....for Sam!

- Rich, the field next to the tree.

OK OK but it is a start

map1.png

Looks good. That's a 3.5 mile round trip including the run through the town. I suppose we might be able to run just north of the railway to avoid the road at other times?

Hi Adrian,

This is just the 'tank' field and the track down in to the village:-D and it will be set up as a one way system. On the Saturday we will use this track to take the tanks down into the village (Maiden Newton) as this is were we will be leaving from for the run into Dorchester - I am just working on taking them through some woodland on route:coffee:

We will also being using this route for access into the village for Friday and Sunday too. And it is a great way to the pubs...

The bottom half of the lanes are sunken and if you zoom in on Google you will be able to see that. And there is also a railway bridge that we have to go under which is no problems.........

More to come!

Adrian - and all other tank drivers/owners...

I am more than happy to take you on a recce of the route at anytime as you may want to get a better angle of it all. It may allow you to 'see' the route in your head. We are working on the route in and around Dorchester and it is going to be something very special.

Is that route only open for the tracked stuff :cry: hope not......

No Rich, that is open to all of us :) I wanted to make it a one way system so that it flows perfectly and that tanks can move freely.

- all Mans Trucks get right of way :coffee: