LIVE from Military Mayhem 2009

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Just got back from MM show after clearing up, I and the Team would like to thank everyone who turned up for what was a great weekend, thanks to Lee for the brilliant photo's and many congratulations to all the winners this year (we do not do the judging ).

Highlight this year for me was seeing the flypast of the BBMF Hurricane (Spitfire was cancelled ??) although short it was very emotional and superb to hear it again.

Once again thank you to everyone who made the show what it was.

Hi all,

managed to attend on the Saturday really enjoyed the show congratulation to the organisers.

Cheers Dave for the cup `o` char and the bickies, but sadi missed out on the cake

The only other military connection of the W/E was finding a spent .50? cal shell half buried in a rabbit hole one morning whilst walking the dog.

When i woke up the wife to tell of my find she didn`t seem to pleased :confused:

the shell is marked T G 1943 and i am sure the inert ammo buffs will name the maker.

I did find another item on the beach but have not I.D. it yet will try to this W/E

aSHLEY

Meant to say earlier - had a great weekend, many thanks everyone!

I'm suprised nobodies mentioned the Chieftan that was there - that was it's maiden show after a complete rebuild, fantastic job I think.

I had a phone call from an unrecognised number on Sunday which I couldn't answer as I was driving at the time (to the arena I think) - did I win the raffle then?

Also, did anyone get a picture of me hanging the 101's back wheel up in the air on Sunday afternoon?

Edited by lightweight

I saw the one photo of the Cheiftain arriving on the low loader and was also suprised to see no other photos or mention of it as it looked stunning!!

What's the story behind it? Does it belong to Terry Brooks - it would be awesome to see it in action alongside his Challenger 1!

Any more photos of it at MM?

Peter

I saw the one photo of the Cheiftain arriving on the low loader and was also suprised to see no other photos or mention of it as it looked stunning!!

What's the story behind it? Does it belong to Terry Brooks - it would be awesome to see it in action alongside his Challenger 1!

Any more photos of it at MM?

Peter

It doesn't belong to TB... I took loads of photos of it but the card I had it on has been corrupted:argh:

This is the only pic I have..

DSC_1251.jpg

I would also like to thank

Heliops (Mark)

Bernard

Graham Germany

For their display in the arena of pulling the car apart, goes to show what power the winch has on the WLF.

Thank you

I was there too :coffee::-D

I am pretty sure I thanked you for the pictures. :tup::

I was the one who had to hook the car up as the others didn't have a clue what they were doing :coffee::-D

Don't forget to send mark the bill for the damage to the speaker... told him to be carefull:cool2: