Mystery Object No. 102

fv1609

A drawing out of a manual

Yes, it is from an EMER

2 sticks of explosives slotted into pre drilled holes on a concrete slab, det cord trailing from sticks of explosives, ready for a demolitions demonstration.

Nope, none of those but you are getting warm.

For the quick removal of part (or all) of the floatation screen.. over air intakes? Saladin?

Yes very good, well done Lee.

Correct on all counts quick removal of screen from air intake of Saladin. From EMER WHEELED VEHICLES V 635 Waterproofing (Deep) Instruction No.1, November 1965.

I was going to gradually feed images to help. Here is the one I had loaded up.

App1354.jpg

The vertical supports are of wood jammed into the air intake. The base of the wood is wrapped in Cordtex explosive cord supplied by cables that exit at the top. The cover over the remaining air intake is blown by Cordtex around the edge.

The Saladin could ford to 6ft 6in for a maximum of 6 minutes. Nearly 26 ft of Cordtex was used over the whole of the vehicle with 4 detonators.

I've been meaning to use this one for a while.

I actually bought the EMER over 20 years ago at a car show at Yeovil, it was just mixed in with domestic car books!

Yes an evolution of wartime techniques with large amounts of Bostik, Prestikon (gunge), plastic bags, Scotch tape etc.

The wooden struts are LV6/MT1/WPG/8058 Strut, stack supporting, FV320026.

All the exploding stuff is in T3/TX 57 AF Kit 'E', exploding, waterproof cover, No.11. In an emergency if LV6/MT1/WPG/8058 Strut, stack supporting, FV320026 is not available parts of the packing case can be used.:)