new ward la france restoration...

centi521

hi togheder :D;)

after us universal carrier we've got a new project ;) a swiss military ward la france . :D

he was very low-priced ;) with new axles and tires . the engine is in a very good condition. we think the Previous restored him inside ;) very nice sound ;)

we dismantle the crane for the restoration and revision all ;)

i'm very happy about this vehicle i love it :D a big monster :D:D:iloveyou:

i write every saturday after working ;)

Foto1194.jpg

Foto1193.jpg

Foto1192.jpg

Foto1191.jpg

Foto1190.jpg

Foto1194.jpg

Foto1193.jpg

Foto1192.jpg

Foto1191.jpg

Foto1190.jpg

Foto1189.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're already ahead of me with your restoration there.

Be good to see another similar truck coming along and lend me encouragement.

What are the lines infront of the crane where the gas bottles usually go?

Look like air lines. I see a larger than usual take off from the air manifold block on the bulkhead / firewall.

She is a real beauty.The marker poles with flashers are the same as my Berna!:)

right :D saurer 2dm have the same too ;):D

not original wwii but swiss army ;)

@stormin

i've seen your restoration and you make a great job ;) i hope us will so good like yours ;) that with the bottles I dont know =( i watch in a swiss book ;)

but i know the swiss army have two types of ward la france : one for the airplanes (Aerodrome wrecker, with a big metal block in the front and yellow flags. )

and us one a normal for other trucks, cars, tanks ;)

Foto1164.jpg

Foto1164.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like good progress on the strip down.

That back body is awkward to get off. They only really want to go vertically upwards because of the tight clearances between chassis side plates. We struggled a bit lifting using a overhead crane on mine and that was lightened with corrosion, they're a heavy lump. Goodness knows how difficult it was with a fork lift.

Not looking forward to trying to get it back together. I may see how you do it first, you'll probably beat me to it.

Good luck.

Looks like good progress on the strip down.

That back body is awkward to get off. They only really want to go vertically upwards because of the tight clearances between chassis side plates. We struggled a bit lifting using a overhead crane on mine and that was lightened with corrosion, they're a heavy lump. Goodness knows how difficult it was with a fork lift.

Not looking forward to trying to get it back together. I may see how you do it first, you'll probably beat me to it.

Good luck.

yes the crane is ready to get off, we use us saurer gottwald 20tons crane ;) then come the crane on a small trailer and we work on the chassis ect. and after come the crane , us ward la france is in a good conditon we have almost no corrision^^ but the grinding machine and nail gun are needed :D:D and we make new lines.. ^^

my father is this one with the blue overall ^^ (this under the truck) =P =D ^^ saurer gottwaldi.jpg

saurer gottwaldi.jpg

hi togheder :D

the crane is down ;) after one failed attempt we ties it ;) now it's very easy to make the body and we think we make the new axles under. much parts are ready for sandblasting ;)

we're not sure if we painted the engine.. but he runs very good and the body is in a very good contidion ( no corrision ) !

and we need a new roof, but that's the same like on the GMC right?

MMW stands for Military Museum Wildegg

Foto1267.jpgFoto1268.jpgFoto1269.jpgFoto1274.jpgFoto1275.jpgFoto1276.jpg

Foto1277.jpgFoto1278.jpg

Foto1267.jpg

Foto1268.jpg

Foto1269.jpg

Foto1274.jpg

Foto1275.jpg

Foto1276.jpg

Foto1277.jpg

Foto1278.jpg

hi togheder ;) yesterday was a niiice day ;)

some parts are sandblastet and painted ! then we wash the truck to second time (with chassis cleaner 2 times consecutively) . now it's a very clean truck ^^

then we were the oil in the axles and in the gearbox out ( veryVeryVeryVery dirty oil) and we put out the rods in the axles out.

we can't put down the posterior brake drum then we haven't the right key for it . the front drums are down and we change the bearing grease.

it's funny :D;)

hi togheder ;) yesterday was a niiice day ;)

some parts are sandblastet and painted ! then we wash the truck to second time (with chassis cleaner 2 times consecutively) . now it's a very clean truck ^^

then we were the oil in the axles and in the gearbox out ( veryVeryVeryVery dirty oil) and we put out the rods in the axles out.

we can't put down the posterior brake drum then we haven't the right key for it . the front drums are down and we change the bearing grease.

it's funny :D;)

Foto1264.jpg

Foto1363.jpg

Foto1365.jpg

Foto1366.jpg

Foto1367.jpg

Foto1368.jpg

Foto1369.jpg

Foto1370.jpg

Foto1264.jpg

Foto1363.jpg

Foto1365.jpg