Late Tiger 1 found in BOG

panzercommander

SITREP:

Major components of a late Tiger 1 have been found in a Eastern Europe Bog. The photos that I have been sent and what he has told me are fantastic. Most of the turret complete, with hull and suspension components as well. Looks like it was hit and sank into a bog. Once I have the go ahead will post the photos that were sent to me.I am waiting permission to post them ,as there is a deal for the purchase of the parts on going.

WAIT OUT

Anthony

Wanting to use my line of credit from the bank, but the wife has said no. :stop:Darn wanted to be the first kid on the block to have it.........

So.... 'restoration' may be the wrong word.... remanufactured using original parts may be more correct. I saw some photos of a Tiger hull found in Russia, looked like it had been blown up with demolition charges. Destroyed just didn't cover it! I'd say this turret was blown up, it has fractured on all the weld lines.

Great find though. Can't wait to see more photos.... one always hopes it is going to like one of these vehicles that is dragged up with the paint present and the tracks still rolling.

Edited by ajmac

If it is substantially intacked I'd imagine it is worth a fortune! Touching a million pounds once fully restored I'd imagine. Judging by the severe corrosion I'd say it was found in normal earth.

Is it still in territory or has it already arrived at the new owners restoration shop?

Which European country is it from, if tht won't hurt anyone that is.... would be interesting to work out what time it was lost and in which area.

Edited by ajmac

• 4 weeks later...
I'd say this turret was blown up, it has fractured on all the weld lines.

Rember that these vehicles had an explosive self destruct facilities which could be operated by the crew befor abandoning the vehicle

Ashley

My understanding is that it wasn't that the tank itself had a 'self destruct' facility as such, but that there were laid down rules as to where to put explosive charges in the event of having to abandon the vehicle so it couldn't fall into 'enemy' hands in a servicible state. In the case of Tiger 131 at Bovvy, I believe that the crew had to abandon in a hurry due to the Churchills closing in and didn't have time to set charges, hence one intact Tiger for the Brits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...