Bodge, Ian and Me @ NE Aircraft Museum 8/9th Aug

Bodge, myself, my dad and Ian, had a very hot weekend in the sun at the North East Aircraft Museum's annual Jeeps & Jets military event. Although we haven't done that many displays together, we felt that our display at NEAM was the best we've done yet. I'll let you decide.

cb1.jpg

cb2.jpg

cb3.jpg

cb4.jpg

cb5.jpg

cb6.jpg

cb7.jpg

cb8.jpg

cb9.jpg

cb10.jpg

Steve

Lawrence? Thought is was a budget remake of The mummy! :-D

Could have been an extra from the 'Thriller' music video?

Comon spill the beans! What do the ground signs actually mean?

I'm guessing you mean the Signal Square symbols?

The red square with the single yellow diagonal line means care should be taken due to the conditions of the manouvering areas. A yellow cross means you can't land.

An all white dumbell means you must keep your aircraft on the paved surfaces. A black bar through each white circle means you must take off and land on the paved surfaces, but other movements are not confined to the paved areas.

The white 'T' indicates the runway direction to take off and land in; landing and take off being performed towards the crosspiece of the 'T'

There was also a red and yellow striped arrow ( which I haven't made ) that wrapped around one outside corner of the white square to indicate right hand circuits. The plans for signal squares that I've seen also show a similar arrow for left hand circuits, but since left is normal, I've never seen a left arrow displayed on an airfield.

Steve

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

Went along on the Sunday.

Great selection of post war jets at the museum. The F86 and F84 both rare in this country + nearly got stuck in cockpit of the Vulcan (not much space up there).

The Field Kitchen display was excellent with some good food as well.

Think Bodge was to busy showing people round the Death Star to be selling tents, anyway I thought Vulcans were from Star Trek not Star Wars.

Think Bodge was to busy showing people round the Death Star to be selling tents, anyway I thought Vulcans were from Star Trek not Star Wars.

Well he will be coming into the board room and one of them, will be fired.