Blackpool Air Display/Lytham classic car and bike show.

THIS SUNDAY.

There will be an air show on the prom to mark the centenary of the first air show held here.According to the local paper amongst the aircraft will be:- American KC-135 Stratotanker,RAF Sea King,RAF King Air(new advanced multi engine pilot trainer),Lancaster,Hurricane,Spitfire, Red Arrows and the Huey.

It starts at 3pm.

ALSO THIS SUNDAY.

Lytham st annes Classic car and Bike show.

This is the second year for this event ,last years was a good turn out and the weather was very kind.Worth a look if your in the area for the air show .

Lytham Hall,Ballam Road,Lytham,Lancs,FY8 4JX.:coffee:

The early Ford belonged to a nice old guy who was a commando in ww2,this was his 3 jeep (had this 25 years).He worked on the estate so the jeep is used when the tractor gets stuck or they need it, told me it was easier to get around in between the trees .:coffee:

Could not park anywhere near the prom for the air show:argh: , so no pics im afraid . My mate might have some....:coffee:

lytham hall 09 005.jpg

lytham hall 09 004.jpg

Had I not been stood on the ramp at Blackpool Airport next to the Lancaster as they fired up the four Merlins and then watched the Huey depart for its slot I would probably have popped along. Lytham Hall is certainly a great setting.

Will sort out some pictures of the Lancaster for the aviation section.

H1HU