Taking Cat H at Tanks A Lot

You've got your agencies confused, it's the DSA who do driving tests ;)

One of them was taking it more seriously than the other, at the beginning of my test when they were checking the paperwork he found a gorilla mask and scared the crap out of my examiner with it :rofl: I think it's very much down to who you get on the day...

I'd love to have a go in the OT, I think I could have got my head around manual gearbox with clutch and steering wheel but having tillers as well was what threw me in the 2S1! It's weird in that you have a huge deadzone at the front of the tiller travel, then pulling them back a bit applies a fixed amount of deceleration to one track, and pulling them back further lets you tighten the turn. You can't turn the other way until you've returned the first tiller to the forward position, you can pull on the other tiller but nothing happens! :shake:

Stone

Yeah - DSA, DVLA, VOSA - I'm very equalitarian - I hate 'em all!!!!! :):):)

This is the hot seat in an OT - rather different to a 432 or Gozvika:

0693_OT-90_.jpg

You steer it like a car - push down on the side you want to turn & the harder you push down the tighter the turn is. Unless in low ratio in which case its hard lock only!! Gear lever is on the right and behind the tiller bar, High/Low ratio select is to the left and above the tiller bar. Clutch, brake and accelerator pedals are in the usual places on the floor. :):)

i do fancy when i finish uni getting my driving license (full one) as while i have been here i havent needed a car and after that thinking about taking my H license only problem is i would want a couple of hours in a 432 or something to get me used to it even before exam day.

I reckon we got about 2h each driving alone which was plenty of time to get comfortable with vehicle control. I still don't know anything about maintenance or what some of the controls do but it's a driving test, not a vehicle familiarisation test!

I'd have an ask around somewhere like here, there must be plenty of 432 owners who'd let you have a go :)

Stone