Whats your excuse.. BBQ & Photo Shoot

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i came over to the BBQ. Said hello to CW and PW and had a chat with Grasshopper. I had mates with me,so thought it might be taking the p**s to bring them in.

As for the photo shoot. Saw the vehicles going down to the arena. bUt was just heading to bed for a couple of hours after a long night.

Well i came over to the BBQ. Said hello to CW and PW and had a chat with Grasshopper. I had mates with me,so thought it might be taking the p**s to bring them in.

As for the photo shoot. Saw the vehicles going down to the arena. bUt was just heading to bed for a couple of hours after a long night.

All were welcome... as for vehicles heading for the arena... that was not us, we had the shoot in the Helicopter field :-D

I'd only just arrived after a 19 hours trip. I was hoping to arrive friday morning, but the truck let me down so i arrived late. But to be honest i'd totaly missed this event.

Got to meet a few members on saturday night when the fuel pump packed up. Big thanks to the fantastic Mr catweasle for all his help, i wish i'd took a picture of him sat on his play mat with the fuel pump in a number of bits. Thanks to the chap in the picture above, i've forgot your name, who treked back to dig monktons to get us some tools. Sorry we'd sorted it by the time you got back!! and to everyone else who held the bonnet for me.

CW here comes a good excuse:

My daughter tried to eat a wasp just before the BBQ and it bit her on the lip.

Had to go and see the Medix people, got a ride in a vehicle with a flashing blue light.

They gave her antihistamine and that made her go to sleep a bit early so I had to stay near our tent.

Her lip was so swollen that it looked like she was sticking her tongue out. Definitely not nice! Luckily it returned to normal about a day later.

Now it's not only the nazis, dust, mud, toilets and showers that have to be overcome but also the agressive wasps

Daniel

advance warning: we will have a photocall on the sunday of next year's show. It will be in the Americas Field. If Lee and Ian plan to hold a BBQ it will probably be Saturday night in the Americas Field.

But they will decide that.

Yep, BBQ at HMVF HQ 8pm Saturday 24th July 2010.. maybe if there's enough of us we could combine the photoshoot & BBQ in one???

I'd only just arrived after a 19 hours trip. I was hoping to arrive friday morning, but the truck let me down so i arrived late. But to be honest i'd totaly missed this event.

Got to meet a few members on saturday night when the fuel pump packed up. Big thanks to the fantastic Mr catweasle for all his help, i wish i'd took a picture of him sat on his play mat with the fuel pump in a number of bits. Thanks to the chap in the picture above, i've forgot your name, who treked back to dig monktons to get us some tools. Sorry we'd sorted it by the time you got back!! and to everyone else who held the bonnet for me.

My pleasure mate ! Thats what the old forums all about ! Glad you got the old girl up and running again ! Was it a trouble free drive home ? :-D

CW here comes a good excuse:

My daughter tried to eat a wasp just before the BBQ and it bit her on the lip.

Had to go and see the Medix people, got a ride in a vehicle with a flashing blue light.

They gave her antihistamine and that made her go to sleep a bit early so I had to stay near our tent.

Her lip was so swollen that it looked like she was sticking her tongue out. Definitely not nice! Luckily it returned to normal about a day later.

Now it's not only the nazis, dust, mud, toilets and showers that have to be overcome but also the agressive wasps

Daniel

Thats the only acceptable one so far:-D

Yeah the power of the forum certainly worked for me!!

The oil pressure gauge developed a leak on the way home, crimped the pipe and all was well. It started raining just after the M25 and did so all the way home. Even without the traffic on the M25 it still took me 8 hours. all good fun and well worth the trip to meet some faces off here.

Thanks again mate

Full Marks for making the effort Rippo,driving all the way,Have you seen your boots yet:rofl:

did not know about b.b.q was not asked

Came past & told whoever was in your camp the day before, Neil knew. It was posted on the forum & we were only next door... I can't go around inviting every member individualy..

Yeah i've seen my boots, was quite touched you take a picture of my boots!! Yet another failing of the weekend, new pair of boots needed!!

Patweasle touching words will stay with me "well done your trucks running now your ***** your tent" straight to the point, love that.

I'm still bloody knackered, hopefully i'll make it for a couple more days next year.

Edited by Marmite!!

Patweasle touching words will stay with me "well done your trucks running now your **** your tent" straight to the point, love that. .

This was may i point out to illustrate that the exhaust was going all over it,and had nothing to do with the boots :-D

Edited by Marmite!!
edit quote

More like PW doing 35 knots with 20 degrees of starboard wheel on:captain::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:dont mention the boat,supose i had better go and charge the batteries this wk end.:(

:rofl::rofl::rofl:dont mention the boat,supose i had better go and charge the batteries this wk end.:(

:confused: I didn't,:n00b: I suggested PW was doing 35 knots, you've addled your brain with that French falling down water:nut::rotfl:

:confused: I didn't,:n00b: I suggested PW was doing 35 knots, you've addled your brain with that French falling down water:nut::rotfl:

Your right Snappers got the evidence on camera ,but he is away for a few weeks ,he will forget when he comes back:shake: