MV auction in Finland 9.5 - 11.5. 2006

arthur.m

Hello everyone,

not that I would think that somebody out there would be interested in an surplus auction of Finnish Army vehicles, but I decided to make this short note anyway. Next week there's an auction in an Army base not far from here. It's mostly about Russian trucks (13 x Kraz 255B) and other stuff like that, nothing vintage I'm afraid. I was there a couple of years ago, then they were selling these Kraz too, they were low-mileage Bridge Erecting trucks without the bridge equipment. I think they sold for about 1500 - 2000 Euros each. They are also selling Scania Sbat trucks, whatever that might be, and possibly UAZ 4x4 vehicles. The smaller vehicles are usually rough, the bigger in better shape. The auction is held here in Tampere, the local airfield is about 25 km away from the site. A well-known budget airline flies from England to Tampere-Pirkkala every day. If somebody is really interested in this stuff, I might try to find out more.

Greetings, Arthur