Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/09/2020 in Posts

  1. Absolutely stunning! The same applies to the Ransomes, that was one of my favourites at the GDSF 2018. Many thanks for sharing.
    1 point
  2. I take my hat off to you, this is what its all about. Preserving our motoring heritage. Kevin
    1 point
  3. Meant to say the lower internal panels on the front bulkhead are still wearing original paint which I intend to leave. Started to sort out wheels ready for new tyres which I have decided to go down the plastic route .The rear axle will be a combination of the one which we had shipped as it has the top casting for the diff with the possibility of using the whole axle minus the wheels as it is from a later CK model ,shame the diff isn’t in any of them but I have a plan 🤓.Initially thought we were fine for wheels and axle s but we have just about scrapped parts off every axle we have to make
    0 points
  4. We need two new Radiator Filler Caps - one was missing from one Radiator and we suspect the one on the American Radiator is not "Peerless" and has come from something else. The Filler "necks" are good enough to use again so it is just the caps to make. One piece of bronze required, just long enough to accommodate both caps and with enough to hold on to so that they can be machined back to back with enough to hold on to whilst they are machined one at a time. The thread is nominally 2 1/2" x 16 tpi but we did not notice initially that the "necks" were tapered - about 8 thous from top to bottom
    0 points
  5. I have not done any research yet.
    0 points
  6. So I have had an adventurous time with the Renault engine over the last two days. I have no information on the engine and have never worked on one with a separate crank case but how difficult can it be!! The main bearing locating pegs are in the sump half so the crank shaft must be assembled with its con rods first then, with its bearings, dropped into the sump. The crank case is surprisingly heavy for cast aluminium so has a tendency to drop suddenly when the two long centre main bearing studs are located in the holes in the sump. I did all this after I had used instant gasket on
    0 points
  7. A few updated photos of my willing helpers never say “your bored “during lockdown .Amazing how much rubbing down you can get done 😁
    0 points
  8. A little progress over the week end. There was a hole in the cast aluminium sump where the engine had obviously been stored against something metallic that had reacted with the aluminium. I had been pondering on how to fix this and was coming to the conclusion that patching it would be safest. However, I had some Lumiweld sticks around so decided to give it a try. I used a propane blow lamp and played it on the sump for a very long time before it was up to temperature for the repair. It is quite difficult to get the Lumiweld to wet the surface of the aluminium but persistence and
    0 points
  9. It's that time again. This week's progress has largely been about cleaning and painting front axle parts. Don't be fooled by the bright sunshine in the first few pictures - these were taken last week but somehow didn't make it into the post. Near side hub-cap removed. End of near side stub axle exposed, also eccentric oil groove cut in the end of the hardened steel knave. Stub axle with flat for grease distribution, also thrust bearing. Note the absence of felt oil seals, compared to the Leyland for example. Near side front wheel ready for paraf
    0 points
×
×
  • Create New...