Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/16/2018 in all areas

  1. 0 points
  2. Oh to have a nice workshop like yours with space! I notice that you still have the original towing hook assembly, is there any chance that at some point you could forward some measurements /details of the mounting brackets and spring so that I can replicate one for my truck? best regards Kevin
    0 points
  3. Found some time this week to do a bit more on the D15T . Last bits and bobs to clear the frame included the removal of the main wiring harness which has been stored away ready to make a new copy and then the removal of all the original brake piping from the frame each pipe run was photographed, removed and marked up to be used as patterns for new piping when the time comes. Main wiring harness and brake pipes to left front Main junction for brake pipes front and rear Brake pipe flex to rear axle Next was the removal of the front axle and springs, the weight of the frame was held on the crane so that the shackle and anchor pins could be knocked out using a brass drift, this can sometimes be a real struggle involving the hot spanner however all the pins tapped out easily. There is no sign of ware either in the pins or the spring eye bushes this helps to confirm my previous assumption that the truck has seen comparatively little use and had been well maintained. The pins and the shackles were put into separate marked up pots for left and right hand sets so that the same pins go back into the same bushes on reassembly. Slotted nuts and split pins removed ready for drifting out with a brass drift Pins on the move Axle out and frame held on the crane With the front axle free from the frame the springs were removed again marked for left and right hand fitting for now with a splash of paint but will be punch marked before disassembly and cleaning. The frame was lowered onto a trestle and the same procedure using the crane was used to remove the rear axle and springs the only difference being the rear front spring eye pins are blind fitted and cannot be drifted out from the rear the workshop manual quotes a ‘special drawing tool’ that screws into the pin after the grease nipple is removed, I made my own from a piece of scaff tube a length of UNF threaded bar a nut and a washer as with the front everything came apart easily with no need for additional heat and no ware on the pins or bushes. Home made tool for drawing blind pins the grease nipple is removed and the threaded bar screws in it's place by tightening the nut at the other end the pin is drawn out of the bush into the scaff tube. Rear axle and springs removed from frame The bare frame was then lowered onto another trestle, the last job will be to remove the pintal hook, spring and mounting brackets then stack the frame against the workshop wall ready for media blasting and painting in the New Year. Meanwhile effort will now be directed towards getting the Leyland Retriever rear axle cleaned, inspected, painted and installed. Pete
    0 points
  4. I have a NOS Panzer IV track link if that helps..... I know the feeling, my Canadian Ram project started with an armoured filler cap cover. David
    0 points
  5. Hi I am a relative of Sidney James Malaband the mid upper gunner in LM570, I came across this site and post while researching family history recently. Sidney had no children, he was my Grandmothers cousin. It has brought a tear to my eye to know he was not forgotten and to see him commemorated in this way. I am trying to put together his service history but so far not much luck. Unfortunately I have no photos of him nor have I found any of him or his aircraft to share with you all, I really just wanted to send my heartfelt thanks from my family to the people of Heerewaarden for their care.
    0 points
  6. Just got the seats back from the trim shop, green vinyl rather than the original rexine but they do look good Just a tad better than before
    0 points
×
×
  • Create New...