Hello! from West Lancashire

Hi everyone, just a quick introduction. I'm currently in the process of registering and downrating a Leyland Daf 244. I have found a few snippets of info on here and decided it was time to join in, so here I am.:-D

My name is Andy by the way, if you hadn't already guessed! :cool2:

Hi Andy, welcome to the friendly forum, anybody mentions Preston it always reminds me of two things, Ribble buses and a certain 10 yearly happening:-D

Edited by Degsy

Hi Andy, welcome to the friendly forum, anybody mentions Preston it always reminds me of two things, Ribble buses and a certain 10 yearly happening:-D

You only 'get it' every ten years? :shocked::nono:. May I respectfully suggest that you trade her in for a younger and livelier model! :-D

You only 'get it' every ten years? :shocked::nono:. May I respectfully suggest that you trade her in for a younger and livelier model! :-D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Left myself wide open for that one but what I was referring to was an event known as Preston Guild. I suppose you're too young to even have heard references to it. :-D

i thought it was every 20 too .(did a rally at the last one with the dodge)

You are both quite correct, I humbly apologise:) just looked it up and although I knew it dated back to well before the turn of the last century I hadn't realised it was many hundreds of years old. Remarkable how it has evolved.

That would be the Preston Guild that happens every 20 years (2012 for the next one).

Hi from Hutton by the way.

I can't believe it's 17 yrs since the last one.:shocked:

Mind you, it was a good do, I've only just cured the hangover! :sweat::-D

Tarleton born and bred by the way.

Regards

Andy