Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

The Tucker Sno-cat - as famously used by Sir Vivian Fuchs (careful typing) in the Commonwealth Transantarctic Expedition in the late 1950s. The Science Museum has an example although it seems larger than the steampunk version shown

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Inspired_Home/ourcollections.aspx

Edited by simon king

The Tucker Sno-cat - as famously used by Sir Vivian Fuchs (careful typing) in the Commonwealth Transantarctic Expedition in the late 1950s. The Science Museum has an example although it seems larger than the steampunk version shown

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Inspired_Home/ourcollections.aspx

I think the steam punk version is much smaller, the track units seems quite different

Sorry no photo but went to brieghton airfield near Selby. Saw at least 60 old planes take off and land . Not into aviation but told they were all Bukers some had travelled from all over Europe. Also great line up of Morgan cars Large scale Model aircraft. A mint WW11 jeep 6 wheeler F1 car with Beta wrote on it last week when I was there a spitfire landed and did a few low level runs. On tomorrow been told it will be better than today

Edited by cosrec

An FV439 on low loader heading East on the M27 at Rownhams services around lunchtime today. I'm pretty sure it was an FV439 rather than anything else with roof-mounted generators, I only had time for a quick glimpse but it seemed to have the large FV439 NBC box.

Andy

Spotted yesterday at about 18:30, 2 Spitfires, probably BBMF with engines running at the end of the runway at Kemble. They were less than 100metres from the A429 unfortunately there was nowhere safe to stop as the lay by opposite the runway was full of plane spotters!

I must be going plane crazy, I've just seen 2 V22 Ospreys flying over our house heading northeast, are these based at Fairford these days? A neighbour spotted one flying over last week, we both assumed that it was going to RIAT at Fairford.

It's at Imperial Commercials DAF in Derby Cosrec, up until 6 months ago the building behind the truck was a MAN franchise until it was taken off the dealer. I assume the MOD have a contract with Imperial-the huge trailer is nowhere to be seen onsite & the unit has been there a few weeks already so you may well be correct in your observation.

Regards,

Well actually spotted yesterday but it was late ...

On our way home from W&P we followed a convoy of 2 landrovers with trailers and a Bedford MK or MJ North from the A12/A14 junction at Copdock west on the A12 and north on the A140 until we turned from home near Mendlesham. I wonder if we have fellow enthusiasts locally ?

Iain

It's at Imperial Commercials DAF in Derby Cosrec, up until 6 months ago the building behind the truck was a MAN franchise until it was taken off the dealer. I assume the MOD have a contract with Imperial-the huge trailer is nowhere to be seen onsite & the unit has been there a few weeks already so you may well be correct in your observation.

Regards,

not running MANs down but we tow for local Man dealer they are having Problems ecg sticking and blowing motors. had one today reported starter us while underneath picking up saw hole you could get your head through in side of block. No oil on floor just spots stains up back of cab as in pictures told to park along side of other 2. Man are actually pulling engines out of production trucks to satisfy demand or so I have been told

not running MANs down but we tow for local Man dealer they are having Problems ecg sticking and blowing motors. had one today reported starter us while underneath picking up saw hole you could get your head through in side of block. No oil on floor just spots stains up back of cab as in pictures told to park along side of other 2. Man are actually pulling engines out of production trucks to satisfy demand or so I have been told

EGR perhaps....

http://www.commercialmotor.com/latest-news/man-admits-to-fixing-300-faulty-euro-5-d26-engines

10.45hr this morning A50 west bound South Derbyshire, Volvo unit & low loader with 2 x cvr(t) maybe Spartans, with a Saracen in between them. No sign of paintball residue & had been numbered with white spray paint, so maybe from ranges somewhere. Looked like they'd been out in the elements for some years.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

10.45hr this morning A50 west bound South Derbyshire, Volvo unit & low loader with 2 x cvr(t) maybe Spartans, with a Saracen in between them. No sign of paintball residue & had been numbered with white spray paint, so maybe from ranges somewhere. Looked like they'd been out in the elements for some years.

These were at Bordon as training aids, sold in the Withams tender sale the other week and you saw the same Hamptons truck I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Not physically seen, but just looking at some photos of an overland trek of mv's (Trackers 2015) starting out from Adelaide today or yesterday and heading for Alice Springs. There is a Dodge ambulance participating displaying a UK rego, 945XUL. Has someone taken it over to Australia for the event? If so, lucky them, I did this one in 2000.

Not physically seen, but just looking at some photos of an overland trek of mv's (Trackers 2015) . There is a Dodge ambulance participating displaying a UK rego, 945XUL. Has someone taken it over to Australia for the event? If so, lucky them, I did this one in 2000.

Probably been exported, dvla check road tax for 945 XUL expired July 2014

Edited by Nick Johns