Richard Farrant

Spotted today....

Spotted this afternoon .

A ferret looking the worse for wear,(think it was near standish )looked like it was in a army cadets yard.

Two Land Rovers in a garden at Cherhill on the A4. A desert coloured 110 and a Green/Black 110 (I think)

Seen it again today parked round the corner from my house ( was on way to dentist so couldnt stop ) hopefully see it again this weekend.

Found it!(Volvo C303) for sale on e bay item number 160396351400:)

m1 jnct 29 south , 5 trucks each carrying sand coloured brand new armoured crew cab style pickups dont know what make they was ? a bit like a hummer , couldnt get pics as i was driving :red:

nice lightweight landy L reg i think,painted in camo ,union flag on bonnet and looked like grim reaper picture,opposite the flag.Was local in Marton, fylde

On Tuesday I spotted a convoy of 4 new-spec desert sand FFR Landies about J2 of the M40 and a car transporter carrying 10-15 green ones about J8 :D

Stone

m1 jnct 29 south , 5 trucks each carrying sand coloured brand new armoured crew cab style pickups dont know what make they was ? a bit like a hummer , couldnt get pics as i was driving :red:

Iveco LMV maybe?

800px-2june_2007_546.jpg

Stone

M6 today about 3.00pm. near junction 28. A sand coloured armoured vehicle (not into new stuff so dont know what it is), no gun on it but looked like a blade mounted on the back .Was on tracks not wheels ..

hey that looks like it stone ,but full enclosed armoured cab and back looked like it had a roll cage and four external seats well done mate ,:laugh:

just googled images of iveco lmv and thats definetly what i saw awesome looking trucks or what :shocked:

Its funny how 'fashion' seems to make all vehicles in a particular class and era look the same. It was the same with the Jeep - it set a style that was copied the world over for decades. Now everything looks like a Hummer clone - even the Russian Army has vehicles with that same look!

Which reminds me I saw a civi Hummer in central London with thin wooden spoked wheels - yes that's right with wagon wheels just like those in cowboy films. Admittedly it was parked but I cannot see how it was street legal. Sadly I had no opportunity to stop or photograph it!

Two of the new MAN trucks coming out of Merville barracks on trade plates this morning , followed them through the town until they headed off towards the A12 Chelmsford bound . Sorry - didn't have a free hand to take a picture !

yes i want one too ,:laugh:

Reliability might be a bit off, some bright spark put the oil filter in the back-left wheel arch, right in the firing line of the first brick you drive over :nut:

They are awesome bits of kit though. The UK version is called Panther.

Stone

they are awsome and full of kit too, ya just have how big it is though, i forgot at one point in afgan last year

IMG_1271.jpg

cheers mate, thought i'd celebrate my handy work while we waited for the winches to come lol :-)

Edited by lozzaboy