Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

1915 Vickers 4 inch deck gun , is owned by the local Sea Cadet unit , its looking a bit sad as I has been in storage for a few years (after a fire destroyed part of their building) the guy in charge is keen to get it back into shape , will be having a play with it to see if I can get the breach operational so the cadets can do some gun drills.001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two Land Rover ambulances on the back of a civvy low loader heading North on the M1. One in Gulf?Ghan? colours the other more trad green stuff. Couldn't get a clear view due to box vans in the way. Looked like ex-sales items. Anyone on here bought them?

• 2 weeks later...

Passed a very nice AFS marked Bedford RL heading east out of Stowmarket this morning. Definitely a better choice for the weather than my car ;)

Iain

2014-05-27-bedford-rl-stow.jpg

Edited by g0ozs
Add pic

Not today, but went to Millbrook proving ground last weekend for an event. Lots of interesting things lying around, including a couple of Wolfhounds, a row of MAN trucks, and an old TM 4-4 tanker used for damping down dust and wetting skid pans etc. for wet weather testing.

Not allowed to take photos though!

Very nice Hotchkiss M201 display at Woolpit Steam Rally

IMG_2136.jpg

If the owner wants to get in touch it would be nice to arrange for my SUMB and the M201 to park together at some local show next year once the SUMB is restored to a presentable condition

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

The old with the new

Many thanks for your help today, cossy. The convoy will be back there some time today....I hope!

The former recy mechs did really enjoy seeing the Bedford "lite" alongside the modern.

No problems Dan please to help

More from Woolpit: There's a very good chance this Vigor is ex British Army (ex Peter Fordham collection, I didn't get a chance to speak with the owner). Note the unusual arm side control rollers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91851[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91849[/ATTACH]

Looks like it has seen some time dragging an onion box around. Or something similar.