Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

been a hurricane and 109 repica here this weekend..........

I wonder if it was the Hurricane replica I saw on the trailer then. Little hard to distinguish when both going in opposite directions.

Heard a Merlin a few minutes ago and went out just in time to have my own personal display by a Spitfire right overhead . Did several turns and rolls over here and across Mersea before passing back overhead waggling the wings and heading off back over Colchester .

We had nice weather for a change in the netherlands. As result everybody finally pulled the old classic out of the garage. Can across some JEEP's, 1950 rolls, Bentley blower at a friends place i like them spitfires are to expensive but this is next best just missing the wings.

bentley.jpg

in 10 days another 500 reply's or more I reckon, nothing to do with the weather.

Edited by monty2

Well, yesterday - 2 x Oshkosh rigs running unladen up the M11. Taken from a slightly smaller low loader as we dragged slowly past!

Very nice outfits - they certainly do look the part, but really should have SCAMMELL badges and mud flaps.....

The dual winches and fairleads are an interesting set-up.

DSC05382.JPG

Edited by N.O.S.

Well, yesterday - 2 x Oshkosh rigs running unladen up the M11. Taken from a slightly smaller low loader as we dragged slowly past!

Very nice outfits - they certainly do look the part, but really should have SCAMMELL badges and mud flaps.....

The dual winches and fairleads are an interesting set-up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79122[/ATTACH]

And that slightly smaller rig seems to be in lane 3 of a 3 lane motorway......

Yes that looks like the Bishops Stortford turn off, but according to the sign 3 lane motorway is disputable as the inner lane is clearly defined as an off lane and the other 2 straight on and it does go off droppimg the main road down to 2 lanes through the junction and remains 2 afterwards.

Did it on the way to Duxford last month.

Possibly a slightly premature overtake, where is the traffic officer

Mike

I think you'll find the 'move over into right 2 lanes to keep on M11' section starts some way before this point. In fact we had pulled over as soon as it started to let the trailing Oshkosh - who was indicating he wanted to pull over - do the same (we got a nice big thumbs up out of the cab for that!), this photo is of the lead one.

:police: Smiley Horn.gif

Smiley digging.gif

Edited by N.O.S.

We had nice weather for a change in the netherlands. As result everybody finally pulled the old classic out of the garage. Can across some JEEP's, 1950 rolls, Bentley blower at a friends place i like them spitfires are to expensive but this is next best just missing the wings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78932[/ATTACH]

in 10 days another 500 reply's or more I reckon, nothing to do with the weather.

Wow, that Bentley blower looks amazing !

Where I work, about 10 miles South of Ashford, there is wide open countryside, often get the RAF doing low level flying though there, but today was different.

This morning a lone Spitfire flew over low, heading towards Lydd. In the afternoon I heard a drone and saw a tight formation of 3 Spitfires go by, as I watched them I was aware that they were turning back and that a helicopter was hovering above them no far away, then time and time again they would sweep by, passing under and over the helicopter from all angles. This went on for at least 30 mins ............ work had to stop. Later on I saw the helicopter had returned and that it had a large remote camera on the nose, soon the Spitfires returned only this time they were doing the works, big loops all in the same tight formation, coming over us on every pass, another 30mins or so.

I seems these were The Horsemen who are making their debut as a Spitfire display team at Duxford this weekend, check out this link;

http://www.airshows.org.uk/news/2013/06/airshow-news-a-worldwide-debut-an%E2%80%8Bd-some-1940s-nostalg%E2%80%8Bia-at-the-flying-leg%E2%80%8Bends-air-show%E2%80%8B/

Where I work, about 10 miles South of Ashford, there is wide open countryside, often get the RAF doing low level flying though there, but today was different.

This morning a lone Spitfire flew over low, heading towards Lydd. In the afternoon I heard a drone and saw a tight formation of 3 Spitfires go by, as I watched them I was aware that they were turning back and that a helicopter was hovering above them no far away, then time and time again they would sweep by, passing under and over the helicopter from all angles. This went on for at least 30 mins ............ work had to stop. Later on I saw the helicopter had returned and that it had a large remote camera on the nose, soon the Spitfires returned only this time they were doing the works, big loops all in the same tight formation, coming over us on every pass, another 30mins or so.

I seems these were The Horsemen who are making their debut as a Spitfire display team at Duxford this weekend, check out this link;

http://www.airshows.org.uk/news/2013/06/airshow-news-a-worldwide-debut-an%E2%80%8Bd-some-1940s-nostalg%E2%80%8Bia-at-the-flying-leg%E2%80%8Bends-air-show%E2%80%8B/

Wow... I am really jealous. Nothing chokes me up more than the sight of Spitfires

Yep, the lone one flew right over my house this morning, then back again this aft, followed by the three together in close formation, think they would have been heading for Shoreham..

There was no way I could not watch them. ...... if I am a bit late getting to W&P you know why, servicing on the wagon was held up.

Lucky you Richard, you boys in the east get all the fun, I just get buzzed at 0 feet by every fighter in NATO......puts the chickens off lay......... Bah >:(

Pete the sun burnt farmer