Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Spotted this months ago but didn't have chance to stop and take a photo until yesterday. It's been partially covered since I first saw it but it doesn't look in too bad a condition, however living outside won't help its cause. Can't get any closer to get any further details unfortunately.

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_1581_zps4b0e41be.jpg

IMG_1559_zpsa522f20e.jpg

IMG_1575_zps3bd09945.jpg

In France at the moment and was here for the D-Day period.

Displays in lots of villages and met the nice English guys in the 'Tilly'

It is a bit weird that all the American stuff is owned by Frenchmen. This was in Bayeux the first 'Town' to be liberated (apparently by the Brits) not a single UK vehicle. Not a single Frenchman dressed in British uniform.

Brought out a very good crown though.

IMG_1566_zpsf72a9f46.jpg

The photo of the Austin Tilly, was that taken at the campsite at Etreham ?

Hello Richard; yes it was on the camp site at Etreham we where also there with are bikes!

IMG_1005.jpg

The tilly is owned by "pino" that I know from Normandy and Arhnem 2009,I even had my fist drive with a tilly round the camp site.:cheesy:

IMG_1004.jpg

I was amazed at how many people I spoke to said that they were "Doing their own thing" which I thought was fantastic and yet for the efforts they had made then they should (and probably would have) been feted by the local villages had there have been some organised approach.

Fantastic to everyone who made the effort. I am in awe.

Ok so this one is a little bit of a cheat but we followed this Champ (JUV 495F) all the way from Evesham to Junction 11 (turning for home) yesterday afternoon. At one point there was a three way convoy of a Lightweight Land Rover, Austin Champ and Austin Gipsy. This was the view for much of the journey (BTW I wasn't driving and taking photos):

IMG_3380.jpg

Yesterday teatime Stolly on the A64 near Tadcaster. It had just pulled over onto the verge and the driver was in the process of exiting. Although I had a bootful of tools I was heading the opposite way at speed. Whoever you were hope you got sorted!

Mock Spitfire (I think) on the back of a trailer on the M40 around Junction 12 heading south this afternoon. Cockpit, fuselage, wings were all on the trailer. Also eight Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers heading in the same direction. There must have been a show somewhere around the Midlands where they had all been at.

Mock Spitfire (I think) on the back of a trailer on the M40 around Junction 12 heading south this afternoon. Cockpit, fuselage, wings were all on the trailer. Also eight Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers heading in the same direction. There must have been a show somewhere around the Midlands where they had all been at.

Banbury steam rally just off the M40, Landrovers and plenty off military vehicles here but no Spitfire.

Banbury steam rally just off the M40, Landrovers and plenty off military vehicles here but no Spitfire.

No Ian not there as that is where I had just come from! I was on my way home at the time from the show heading north and they were heading south just before the Gaydon turn off.

Scott