Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

What a shame such a nice vehicle is leaving the UK.

Like I said, I seem to recall it went to America.  This would have been many years (20+) ago.  But of course, spotted by 'Oxford Spectator' - so presumably it came back/never went?

Edited by Runflat

The present Japanese  owner posts on the Facebook Morris six cylinder CS8 PU page . The vehicle currently has leaky brake wheel cylinders, he is trying to repair things but I think he has limited mechanical knowledge  .  I steered him to Champ Spares ? who I think had some brake bits .  Mike 

Yes that's the one. I thought that I had bought a PU as it was in a hawthorn hedge and had a PU windscreen and there were six plug leads. Only realised what it was when it was back in the yard when I saw the diff and the holes for the aeroscreens......quite pleased at that. The cost in readies was £125 and took 1 year and 3 months to do, mind I had a bit more energy then.

1 hour ago, Bob Grundy said:

Yes that's the one. I thought that I had bought a PU as it was in a hawthorn hedge and had a PU windscreen and there were six plug leads. Only realised what it was when it was back in the yard when I saw the diff and the holes for the aeroscreens......quite pleased at that. The cost in readies was £125 and took 1 year and 3 months to do, mind I had a bit more energy then.

I thought it was I  remember it well sat in the bush,  during one of my regular parts hunting trips it was pulled up just short of the weigh bridge while I was looking round (like you I'd never been able to see it properly before), Raymond came out of the office and said "it's no good wishing boy it's been sold to a bloke up north he's picking it up next week" and then the legendary and oft repeated statement followed " just wants a battery and a drop a petrol and she'll be good to go" .  I can remember looking at the remains of the civi hard cab hanging off it and still draped in most of the bush and thinking that even for Raymond that was a little optimistic. I didn't know who had bought it until I saw your Before and After slot in WT some years later.

From a thorn bush and the oil soaked mud of the yard in Oxfordshire all the way to Japan via the USA 34 years later quite a journey it may be the most traveled CS8 in history....... pleased to see it's still being looked after.

Pete

Edited by Pete Ashby

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...