Richard Farrant

Spotted today....

Yesterday , Friday at Southfleet, trying to get through the lanes and diversion at Betsham, a delightful under taking belive me. A , J..(Now I can do this) Jeep ! on an A frame behind a Transit van. I was driving the bus behind you, bloody good driving mate! :thumbsup:

Yesterday Tues 14th 

6 Wheel Pinzgaur running South on the M1 between Sheffield area and Bolsover.

spotted to day on its way to the sandblaster something special

5a2150243c0a3_ScreenShot2017-12-01at1_43_32PM.png.7acb9c178a71d57f35c43d703d2f62d5.png

Today whilst at work. Going past the house of an avid Landy collector. He has a new 109 series 3 . That looks kind of familiar. So I stopped to ask him 'Is that by any chance an Artic FFR? Yes he reply's how did you know it was an Artic one?  Well, easy really I owned it for short time 15 years ago! Sold it to fund my 101 ambulance, that is now in Denmark. :thumbsup:

I did a double-take in Station Road in Ashford (Kent) today as a very new armoured vehicle (Jankel??) bearing police markings came rolling down the road!  Like a cross between a Snatch and a Disco in slate grey(?) festooned with armoured spotlights; armoured glass all round.  I was not aware our police had tooled up with vehicles reminiscent of NIs Troubles.  A pig Pig?  Has it come to this?

Edited by matchlesswdg3

34 minutes ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

I did a double-take in Station Road in Ashford (Kent) today as a very new armoured vehicle (Jankel??) bearing police markings came rolling down the road!  Like a cross between a Snatch and a Disco in slate grey(?) festooned with armoured spotlights; armoured glass all round.  I was not aware our police had tooled up with vehicles reminiscent of NIs Troubles.  A pig Pig?  Has it come to this?

Hi Fergus,

Looks like they have had one for about 2 years, see here;

Richard, it was definitely new and looked more like this model of Jankel.......very military looking but with police markings.  Quite sinister.

29uumwk.jpg

On occasions I see police vehicles, often with windscreen protectors from other forces, going down the 2070 to a certain army training area, could be something like that.

This was most certainly a new purpose built armoured vehicle, like a Jackal.  Not anything mainstream/civvy.    Curious.

Doing a search on Google, it looked very much like a Bearcat.  The SWB version with two small side windows each side.  As used in USA by SWAT.

9 minutes ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

Doing a search on Google, it looked very much like a Bearcat.  The SWB version with two small side windows each side.  As used in USA by SWAT.

here is one belonging to Kent Police............

Southbound M1 near the A38 a Mk 2 Antar ballast tractor restored on D Crouch low loader