Richard Farrant

Spotted today....

Possibly the PBY Catalina (G-PBYA)?

Quite a distinctive sound and shape, and very slow, which could fit your description.

It's based at Duxford but is a regular on the show circuit and will often fly if the weather is too bad for most others!

Consolidated_PBY_Catalina_4_(7509920632).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Spotted this week in Oosterbeek, Citroën P17 half-track truck of the early 1930s in like new condition

image.jpg

Edited by monty2

Man, talk about a rare vehicle........:shocked:

Spotted this week in Oosterbeek, Citroën P17 half-track truck of the early 1930s in like new condition

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117975[/ATTACH]

S3, S1 Landys (the S3 was Q166 RAE) and a Jeep between Gillingham and Shaftesbury yesterday afternoon around 4:30?

Yesterday while travelling along the a14 i am sure i saw a Tiger tank minus tracks on the back of a truck at one of the junctions, anyone know anything about this or am i going crazy

Today at 08.10 lanterns marked sliding axle low loader 19 to 18 m25 with a Sherman vvss unusually painted all in dersert sand colour.

it was mine coming back from a film shoot. We painted it desert sand as it was portaying an Israeli Sherman.

Jim.

Spotted today on the M6 heading north between junctions 11A & 12 at approx 12:15, a V2 ROCKET on the back of an artic, it was painted green and looked to be partially sectioned. The big question is, was it real or a replica? And where was it going?

Yesterday morning met an Oshkosh tractor and artic low load trailer transporting a Pinzgauer presumably up to DSV (or whatever they're called this week ) . Met the empty truck on it's way back out on my return journey .

how about this on the motorway, i hope he has dismantled the thing before transport

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 4.22.36 PM.jpg

how about this on the motorway, i hope he has dismantled the thing before transport

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123719[/ATTACH]

What could possibly go wrong...:shocked:

What could possibly go wrong...:shocked:

It's the tow vehicle that worries me, is its chassis (if it has one and is not a monocoque) strong enough to tow that trailer even if empty?

Visited the RAF Museum at Hendon last week. On the way out along the A41 (which runs virtually behind the museum) noticed about three/four Land Rover's and a couple of Dodge's (think one was a Carryall) on the drive of a house.

Plenty of British military kit curtesy of Quest TV's 'Supertruckers' this time following hauliers Metcalfe Farms.

Spotted today, an ex-Australian army International S-Line and trailer loaded with a LP Carrier, seen at Pitt Town, NSW.

Pitt Town.jpg

Spotted on the a15 in the netherlands headinh for rotterdam this magiruis deutz vehicle well reserved 1952

attachment.php?attachmentid=124587&stc=1

IMG_0420.jpg

7/4, a Jeep traveling between Fleet and Yateley. Determined looking driver in the front, spaniel loving every second of it in the back!

Spotted today Scammel Pioneer A1M Northbound J61. On the bed of a very well painted an clean modern low loader. Flags flying. Looking good.

That must be a real rarity over there - they're pretty thin on the ground here ! That's one of the diesel Dutch airportables isn't it ?