Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

5 DROPS vehicles heading north on the M6 with what looked like new bomb handling trolleys on the back of all of them.

A lorry with an 8 Tonner on the back and an upside down wheel-less 8 Tonner on that, heading south on the M1 near Nottingham. Both sightings on Friday.

Today, Sunday 6th Dec, was the annual motorcycle Christmas Present run in Reading, Berks. As some went past me at a set of lights, I noticed a Wartime British motorcycle with 'chair' attached - looked about 1940 style. I couldn't tell what make the bike was. Anyone on here own it?

2 vehicles today both from witham 1st was a renualt broughton between stamford and corby going at a fair pace towards corby the 2nd was a desert(or pink was dark ) bedford refueler, saw this at the crossroads at husbands bosworth leicestershire (A5199) it was in the tendor i think ,it was on the back of a drops wagon painted blue same wagon i saw carrying a real nice rl tipper, a few months ago

• 2 weeks later...
Spotted today (Fylde coast)

A camoflaged helicopter behind the petrol station on Preston new road(near bell and bottle) british i think .....

Been past again today its moved and a tail fin off a plane is now sticking up behind the garage ......:coffee:

I think its a wessex and plane is a lightning at some subsea engineering firm(dont know why)

Well not today but yesterday, Mon 21st Staines train station at about 11.00am Huge green steam train panelled sides to boiler and slopey front passed through, well cool, was well chuffed ( pardon the pun ) to bits to see it go through, but did not catch the name..

On Monday, The Cathederals Express ran two trips around Kent, from London. The engine was Tornado. Listening to Radio Kent this morning a listener was on the train when it was leaving London Victoria in late afternoon. Some commuters rushed down the platform and jumped on, not realising it was a steam hauled special. As they sat down they were heard to remark about how old the carriages were :-D. When someone explained to them what the train was, they were phoning home telling everyone.

On Monday, The Cathederals Express ran two trips around Kent, from London. The engine was Tornado. Listening to Radio Kent this morning a listener was on the train when it was leaving London Victoria in late afternoon. Some commuters rushed down the platform and jumped on, not realising it was a steam hauled special. As they sat down they were heard to remark about how old the carriages were :-D. When someone explained to them what the train was, they were phoning home telling everyone.

The full story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8428097.stm

Is this a case of the SSR being pressed into service?!? :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Not spotted today, but during our trip to the UK last August.

We were travelling along the A37 near MidSomer Naughton when at a roundabout, this Humber FV1600 went past. Almost too fast to take a photo as I was driving the motorhome but I did get 2 shots of it. One does show the Reg.Number if you can decifer it.

We then went to Haynes Motor Museum and after leaving and driving onto the main road, I spotted this T34 in a transport yard only about 300metres from Haynes.

Any clues on the Humber?

Regards Rick

IMG_5941.jpg

280809 a37MidSomerNaughtona.jpg

NrHaynesMotorMuseum280809.jpg