Queen Elizabeth bridge charges

chevpol

Last year on the way they charged me £4, £2 for the Land Rover and £2 for the trailer. They charge the MoD £1, I was lucky on the way back that the guy on the desk thought it was still an army vehicle :)

Last year on the way they charged me £4, £2 for the Land Rover and £2 for the trailer. They charge the MoD £1, I was lucky on the way back that the guy on the desk thought it was still an army vehicle :)

They get away with charging the MoD now??? Bl**dy hell!!! Whats the world coming to these days?

We used to carry Toll Warrants (any one else remember these) that basically said - paraphrased as I can't recall the exact wording now - "The vehicle and it's crew were on Crown service and HM The Queen did not recognize the right of private individuals to levy toll charges against her personnel operating within her realm. However as a grace and favour the appropriate toll charges could be could be claimed back on presentation of the warrant."

Two or three times at Dartford we drove through without paying and without presenting the warrant as we had not been issued them. Every time a Police officer was called and every time he told the tunnel staff what we said was true.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I just show em the 101's tax disc, and go merrily on my way.

yes i remeber using those old guiness labels.

As per usual driving a coach and horses through the regulations.:-D

Correct:stop: Just because it says Amubulance on the V5 does not give you an exmemption... if I've missed something that gives you an exemption then please explain?

http://www.dart-tag.co.uk/nossl/index.php?page=exemptscheme

You could be exempt from payment of the charges at the Dartford-Thurrock Crossing if:

• Your vehicle is exempt from paying the Vehicle Excise Tax on the grounds of disability

• Your vehicle is listed in Schedule 4 of the A282 Trunk Road (Dartford-Thurrock Crossing Charging Scheme) Order

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20081951_en_2

SCHEDULE 4 DESCRIPTIONS OF MOTOR VEHICLES EXEMPT FROM THE CHARGING REGIME.

The following descriptions of motor vehicles are exempt from the Charging Regime—

(1) a police vehicle, identifiable as such by writing or markings on it or otherwise by its appearance, or being the property of the Service Authority for the National Criminal Intelligence Service or the Service Authority for the National Crime Squad and issued with a Registration Certificate, being used in the execution of duty;

(2) a military vehicle, that is, a vehicle used for army, naval or air force purposes, while being driven by persons for the time being subject to the orders of a member of the armed forces of the Crown;

(3) a fire engine as defined by paragraph 4(2) of Schedule 2 the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 being used in the execution of duty;

(4) a vehicle which is kept by a fire authority as defined by paragraph 5 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;

(5) an ambulance as defined by paragraph 6(2) of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;

(6) a vehicle which is kept by a health service body as defined by paragraph 7 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1994/ukpga_19940022_en_8

Schedule 2 the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994

Ambulances and health service vehicles

6 (1) An ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)“ambulance” means a vehicle which—

(a) is constructed or adapted for, and used for no purpose other than, the carriage of sick, injured or disabled people to or from welfare centres or places where medical or dental treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such people by being marked “Ambulance” on both sides.

7 A vehicle is an exempt vehicle when it is being used or kept on a road by—

(a) a health service body (as defined in section 60(7) of the [1990 c. 19.] National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990) or a health and social services body (as defined in Article 7(6) of the [s.I. 1991/194 (N.I.1).] Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991), or

(b) a National Health Service trust established under Part I of the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990 or the [1978 c. 29.] National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978 or a Health and Social Services Trust established under the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.

8 A vehicle which is made available by the Secretary of State—

(a) to a person, body or local authority under section 23 or 26 of the [1977 c. 49.] National Health Service Act 1977, or

(b) to a local authority, education authority or voluntary organisation in Scotland under section 15 or 16 of the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978,

and which is used in accordance with the terms on which it is so made available is an exempt vehicle.

9 (1) A veterinary ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)“veterinary ambulance” means a vehicle which—

(a) is used for no purpose other than the carriage of sick or injured animals to or from places where veterinary treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such animals by being marked “Veterinary Ambulance” on both sides.

They are exempt... we followed a Land Rover through the other week, driver handed over a bit of paper & he went through for free:confused:

SCHEDULE 4 DESCRIPTIONS OF MOTOR VEHICLES EXEMPT FROM THE CHARGING REGIME

11. The following descriptions of motor vehicles are exempt from the Charging Regime—

(1) a police vehicle, identifiable as such by writing or markings on it or otherwise by its appearance, or being the property of the Service Authority for the National Criminal Intelligence Service or the Service Authority for the National Crime Squad and issued with a Registration Certificate, being used in the execution of duty;

(2) a military vehicle, that is, a vehicle used for army, naval or air force purposes, while being driven by persons for the time being subject to the orders of a member of the armed forces of the Crown;

Correct:stop: Just because it says Amubulance on the V5 does not give you an exmemption... if I've missed something that gives you an exemption then please explain?

http://www.dart-tag.co.uk/nossl/index.php?page=exemptscheme

You could be exempt from payment of the charges at the Dartford-Thurrock Crossing if:

• Your vehicle is exempt from paying the Vehicle Excise Tax on the grounds of disability

• Your vehicle is listed in Schedule 4 of the A282 Trunk Road (Dartford-Thurrock Crossing Charging Scheme) Order

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20081951_en_2

SCHEDULE 4 DESCRIPTIONS OF MOTOR VEHICLES EXEMPT FROM THE CHARGING REGIME.

The following descriptions of motor vehicles are exempt from the Charging Regime—

(3) a fire engine as defined by paragraph 4(2) of Schedule 2 the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 being used in the execution of duty;

(4) a vehicle which is kept by a fire authority as defined by paragraph 5 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;

(5) an ambulance as defined by paragraph 6(2) of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;

(6) a vehicle which is kept by a health service body as defined by paragraph 7 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1994/ukpga_19940022_en_8

Schedule 2 the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994

Ambulances and health service vehicles

6 (1) An ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)“ambulance” means a vehicle which—

(a) is constructed or adapted for, and used for no purpose other than, the carriage of sick, injured or disabled people to or from welfare centres or places where medical or dental treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such people by being marked “Ambulance” on both sides.

7 A vehicle is an exempt vehicle when it is being used or kept on a road by—

(a) a health service body (as defined in section 60(7) of the [1990 c. 19.] National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990) or a health and social services body (as defined in Article 7(6) of the [s.I. 1991/194 (N.I.1).] Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991), or

(b) a National Health Service trust established under Part I of the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990 or the [1978 c. 29.] National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978 or a Health and Social Services Trust established under the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.

8 A vehicle which is made available by the Secretary of State—

(a) to a person, body or local authority under section 23 or 26 of the [1977 c. 49.] National Health Service Act 1977, or

(b) to a local authority, education authority or voluntary organisation in Scotland under section 15 or 16 of the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978,

and which is used in accordance with the terms on which it is so made available is an exempt vehicle.

9 (1) A veterinary ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)“veterinary ambulance” means a vehicle which—

(a) is used for no purpose other than the carriage of sick or injured animals to or from places where veterinary treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such animals by being marked “Veterinary Ambulance” on both sides.

Explain:shocked: I doubt it Lee, just the same as the 'over 3.5tonne' Dodge. It might seem clever to some people to bend the rules or in this case as I suggested previously but this sort of thing is just what officialdom needs in order to revoke the concessions that we get at present, I would also have thought that in the case of an accident the insurance would be invalid. As far as I am concerned the sooner plod catches up with these people the better.

Lee,

Thats interesting, the guy who charged me more on the way down said it would be cheaper if it were an in service vehicle, the guy on the way back charged the cheaper rate. It sounds like I need that special bit of paper!

Chris

They are exempt... we followed a Land Rover through the other week, driver handed over a bit of paper & he went through for free:confused:

Try driving double decker buses over the bridge in high winds! At one time you could get a guided tour of the place. Might be worth asking if anyone is intrested. The view from the top of the towers is *********! Stunning! I've been charged various prices over the years with Land Rovers especially LWB. Easier now with the auto toll, just bowl up and chuck the quid in.