Originality

sirhc

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very special army jeep.................:wow::wow::wow:

http://autotelegraaf.nl/occasion/13109812/land-rover-defender-zeer-aparte-leger-jeep

Now I'm going to get drunk....

:cry::cry::cry:

This is a perfect example of what I meant about a year ago in the original post. Someone somewhere would book this in to an MV show, I am sure of it.

This is a perfect example of what I meant about a year ago in the original post. Someone somewhere would book this in to an MV show, I am sure of it.

Yes , you can count on it happening at some point . Creative wasnt he! Ok what kinds of meds was this person on ?

Ahh, but then if he'd provenance for it to be the way it was, ie, created for film work, etc, and had notices up saying as much, I think as a curiousity its valid. However if it's just entered as is,.......:wow::mad:

How do you feel when you see the BBMF Lancaster painted as "Phantom of the Rhur" which it isn't?

Did it ought not overfly a military show because it has a co-pilot's seat, and a second joystick that should not be there?

Should it not be seen doing a flypast at a military show because the crew are wearing White flying helmets, not a leather flying helmet?

It is not what it purports to be, it is unoriginal , the crew are wrongly dressed......Or are just really glad to see it despite this?

Don''t forget the Shackleton undercarriage!

I think some of those who didn't serve, would find it amusing to see some of the unofficial mods that were done due to operational necessity.

My father's half-track (an M9) in Normandy was an OP vehicle for a medium artillery battery, and was fitted with a German radio, MG15 (fell off a German aircraft) and a rather large pair of binoculars that fell off the back of a German coastgun site!

Whilst with 3 Div Signals, we modified some 109s with Dexion racking to take an SR C50/R236 station, so that a single detachment (2 109s, an equipment trailer and an antenna trailer) could be used as a relay or "double-anchor", instead of having to deploy 2 detachments. At 1 Div Signals, the inside of some Bedford RL and Commer Q4 boxdodies bore no resemblence to the CES.

OK, OK, some people displaying go overboard with their ex-MoD vehicles- but it's a cert that the majority wern't even in the forces. Those of us in the know, just chuckle and move on.

Once a vehicle goes into service, especially in WWII all sorts of alterations were made. Below are some pictures of vehicles used by The Kinema Corps in Greece in 1946. They never came out of the factory looking like this. One of my jeeps has the drivers seat set back by about 6 inches, much more easy to drive. This was done in service and not after release. I have no problem with people who add bits and pieces to their pride and joy as long as it is a feasible addition and not a flight of fantisy.The thing that still gets to me after 30 plus years in this game is Hotchkiss jeeps done up as WWII Yank ones. John

AKS6 copy.jpg

AKS5 copy.jpg

AKS10 copy.jpg

AKS1 copy.jpg

just to see if it can be done i might try and fit a honda C90 engine into my saracen, think of the fuel savings!. or maybe a steam engine?..... or how about 6 electric motors from some old milk floats, take the fuel tank out and fit the batteries in place of it?......:D:D:laugh::laugh::yawn::yawn: