Dummy 30 cal.

stanpart57

Has anyone out there got a set of dimensions for a 30 cal to enable me to build a reasonably accurate wood/metal dummy, i'm a cheapskate plus SWMBO won't let me spend £400+ on a lump of welded up metal :!:

I have been trawling the Web for some detail dimensions to enable me to build a dummy 30 cal. I only realy need external dimensions as I also plan to put an Oxy Propane setup in it.

Most people seem to say that 1919A4.com is the place to go for blue prints but they only seem to have the right side plates (and I already have one of those!) I purchased a set of plans from Hinkley Mall in the States but they are very crude so no real use either.

There are several dubious sites selling apparently full sets of 'machinists' drawings along with other things that would probably qualify me for the "six o'clock knock" by special branch 8) so I have steered clear of them!

Any help much appreciated along with any experiences of oxy propane sim fire setups.

Cheers

Paul.

Paul,

Thanks for the offer, that show is not on my list i'll have to have a closer look at the logistics of that one!

We have a local show (Amberley working museum) in May I may take my tape measure to that and see if I can persuade someone to let me take some measuements, are you going to that one?

Cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

Those plans are well worth a few quid, the guy that sells them operates an unofficial (as in he'll help if he can) support service and seems genuinely keen to see the reults.

I bought a set and got a friend to start work on the .30 for me. He has a pro shop so he can do things right. Unfortunately he got a letter from Her Majesty requesting his urgent attention to matters in places hot and sandy very shortly afterwards. :-P

Hoping to actually see the gat by Christmas. (2007)

Do you have the web site or e-mail address for the plans?

Which guy has gone to parts hot and sandy, the one with the plans or the one building yours :?

I'm still keen on a 30Cal but have been moving towards something more suitable for the Hotchkiss, like a FM24/29 but these seem rarer than hens teeth................ :cry:

Cheers :banana:

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...