Any Cold War re-enactors attending ?

Steve 82

Hi,

Given the number of privately owned NATO MV`s in circulation (probably exceeding WW2), am suprised that more folk dont get involved with some sort of Cold War era re-enactment. Would be interesting to know who on the list will be attending with a NATO or Warsaw Pact display , as I would like to pop-by for a chat to exchange ideas.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi,

Given the number of privately owned NATO MV`s in circulation (probably exceeding WW2), am suprised that more folk dont get involved with some sort of Cold War era re-enactment. Would be interesting to know who on the list will be attending with a NATO or Warsaw Pact display , as I would like to pop-by for a chat to exchange ideas.

Cheers,

Steve

had confirmation monday, we (forces80) will be in attendance!!!

Mark

Bloody hell, Mark - does Jon know? If not, are you gonna be telling him? Whenever I mentioned W&P to him last year the air turned blue, and his immediately frothing spit resembled fire from a chain gun :evil:

Bloody hell, Mark - does Jon know? If not, are you gonna be telling him? Whenever I mentioned W&P to him last year the air turned blue, and his immediately frothing spit resembled fire from a chain gun :evil:

he suggested it!!!! He got confirmation monday

Mark

Hi,

Cheers,

Steve

The Warsaw Pact people, "9th Company" will be there and want to do a demo of Warsaw Pact techniques using my OT in lieu of a BMP-1.

If you are interested drop me a PM through and I'll give you Wolfies (the organiser) contact details so you can discuss it with him

We're portraying a unit during the Cold War.

We're subcontractors for the West against subcontractors for the Soviet Union.

Paul

Your comment on the WW2 Forum...

I'm already being questioned by the reenacting police on HMVF so I thought I'd ask around here.

which is supposed to mean:confused:

Paul, which unit are you portraying?

Cheers, Steve

Technically we're testing the living history waters with a generic Freelance Unit. We're looking to do a Congo Crisis display in 2010 but didn't have time to collect the kit and equipment for it in half a year. So we asked the organisers at W&P if we could portray a generic unit for 2009 to see what the general reaction would be.

In short, we're portraying mercenaries. Sorry if some don't like the idea. I discussed this with Rex and Greg and there is a 16 page thread on mercs on the UK WWII forum.

It's not my intention to upset anyone. I'm interested in the subject and it is part of our history.

which is supposed to mean:confused:

It mean's I'm rather a shallow person for thinking no one would pick that up.

I'm sorry if you thought I was talking behind anybody's back. It was more of what I thought was a light hearted crack as I know everyone would want to know about what someone is doing before making any type of decision.

Please accept my apologies.

PMd, safariswing.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Mmmmm....had`nt thought of that one - but mercenaries are as old as soldiering itself. Whilst they may be given posh names these days such as `security advisor` or `bodyguard` , the chaps I have seen out in the Gulf are privately operated soldiers - AND provide a very valuable service in many instances I hasten to add !

So look forward to seeing your display.

Cheers,

Steve

i run a small group of cold war "re-enactors" (loose use of the term) i am still getting stuff sorted to make it a true group but we are trying and we do lots of airsoft so we get to play with our kit lol

• 2 weeks later...